documents?

helsbels

Jul 31, 2011
hi all

i have an iconia a500, ive never owned a tablet before and so didnt realise that you cannot write a letter or document on it as there is no app or anything. does anybody know of a good hopefully free or if nec cheap app that allows me to write letters etc on it

thanks in advance
helsbels

drozas

May 1, 2011
Google docs is free. I use it for quick letters and notes. Persojqlly, I think docs to go is slightly better, but to gain access to the complete program, you need to buy the key. Again, Google's is free.

Sent from my A500

drozas

May 1, 2011
I also just use my computer because I have fat fingers and typing on my tab is difficult to say the least.

Sent from my A500

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
If you are want true MS Word documents then Documents to Go is well worth buying the key. I have used it for many years, back in the days Palm Pilot was the thing for road warriors. It also has many more functionss other than just a doc app. It will also manage folders in your tablet, send docs through your email, and more.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I've also been using Docs2Go since my Palm days, I have even purchased a license for Android, but it seems like it really isn't tablet optomised. I've been playing wit alternatives, such as Polaris Office that came installed (full version) on my Transformer. Right now Quick Office HD and OfficeSuite Pro seem like the two best full featured options for Word docs. Quick Office HD sometimes has troubles opening some of my docs, haven't figured out what is causing the trouble. I'm playing with Picsel Smart Office as well. I'm going to have to commit pretty soon or I will never get anything done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
I actually went out and purchased Thinkfree Office from the Market. I have tried QuickOffice, Olive, and Docs2Go and neither gave me the interface I was looking for or the functionality that Thinkfree does. I haven't tried the Spreadsheet function or PowerPoint compatibility, but for Word docs l like its formatting capabilities. I use it for typing notes and it handles numbered and bulleted lists well and indents which I had problems getting to work on the others.

Good luck.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I actually went out and purchased Thinkfree Office from the Market. I have tried QuickOffice, Olive, and Docs2Go and neither gave me the interface I was looking for or the functionality that Thinkfree does. I haven't tried the Spreadsheet function or PowerPoint compatibility, but for Word docs l like its formatting capabilities. I use it for typing notes and it handles numbered and bulleted lists well and indents which I had problems getting to work on the others.

Good luck.

ThinkFree Office full version came with my old Archos 5IT, but at the time it was a work in progress. About the time I moved on from the Archos they had just released ver.2 which I played with a bit and it was far more stable. Maybe its advanced further by now, must have, because it paled in comparison to Quick Office or even Documents To Go when I last saw it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum