Elocity A7 gps

luckem

Jan 12, 2011
The elocity support website indicates gps is not supported. Has anybody tried this via usb or bluetooth?

John Conley

Feb 7, 2011
In order for gps to work on a device it would need the hardware/antennae combination along with the software to make it operate. I seriously doubt you are finding this in this device. The software would not work at all without the gps.

It might be that some developer in the future will make a way for a user to tether the blackberry to it so you could view maps in a larger format. My blackbery curve works fine with google maps although it tells me on start up that I need a subscription of I load the thing and go for a drive it follows me just fine. In fact the blackberry, while I was in a hotel in Toronto, on launching the app took about 2 seconds to relocate me from London to Toronto and show my exact location in a Hotel downtown, from inside the hotel. I was quite surprised. Knowing that the little screen would drive me nuts I attempted to connect to a network, with no luck. If you want to get a network while driving pull in close to the building at a Motel 6. I did that many many times in the last few years, they have free WiFi, so you can update things while traveling. They also take your dog no questions asked. I no longer have one. :(

mrpete2u

Apr 14, 2011
I have gotten a bluetooth gps from eBay, paired it with my A7, and it worked fine.

It was a Holux 1200E. I have been told that it will work with google maps, but havn't tried that yet. Just got it working today.

Need to find a good droid gps software package that works well.

immortalsoule

Apr 1, 2011
The elocity support website indicates gps is not supported. Has anybody tried this via usb or bluetooth?

I hate to say it about Elocity but they should answer everything with "Not that we KNOW about... and Well ummmm..." and their facts would be a little more truthful.

Supporting GPS isn't really a matter of having built-in GPS. A person can take almost any device, that has bluetooth, and give it GPS capabilities and "it being written into the firmware" won't make a bit of a difference.

There's a little program called BlueGPS4Droid that completely solves the GPS problem via using bluetooth and it works well. I GPSed my way to Florida using it and Google Nav and it was great.