Flytouch 3 question

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
I really don't know about the location issue. There are evidently several people in several countries having the same issue. One guy on another forum lives in the UK and has that issue.
As a side note, have you tried the Weather Channel app? It specifically says it covers Canada.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App
Actually that was going to be my choice...just want to make sure when I purchase a micro card will this accept both micro SD and micro SDHC.....

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Tried a usb keyboard and mouse and got back to the calibration page and was able to touch the crosshairs in each location now it works great...just wondering about the weather app on here...no Canadian Cities, never had a tablet before and wondering how one goes about downloading an app to the tablet...tried at the App Market and signed in with my Google ID/password and tried download but it said no mobile phone with this account or something like that...what is the procedure for downloading an app like Weatherbug....also you may know why when trying to set up Location, Canada is not even listed....I have gone into the menu and ativated to find location via Use Wireless Networks...didnt work..any other suggestions on how to have canada recognized and cities in Canada

"""""""""""""Really not sure why you did not have a Canada location and such. I will say you did not enable or diable certain icons correctly. However if it is because of GPS and map thing, you can come to this site to download maps before your can see Canada/USA/Mexicao to show up properly on your navigation maps."""""""""""

True offline maps for your Android - unplugged ! | MapDroyd

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Guess I got mixed, the Canada and Canadian cities thing was a weather app problem and not so much the location thing....anywho, I have the location thing setup to wifi connection so that should be fine...just waiting to get a mini SD card...can anyone clafify if the SDHC is also supported

Appreciate the help

Gene

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Guess I got mixed, the Canada and Canadian cities thing was a weather app problem and not so much the location thing....anywho, I have the location thing setup to wifi connection so that should be fine...just waiting to get a mini SD card...can anyone clafify if the SDHC is also supported

Appreciate the help

Gene

I can now say that the SDHC cardsvdo work. I just tried one wnd it worked just fine. :)

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
Thanks for checking that out...see most of the Micro cards for sale these days are SDHC..or if you want a larger capacity card it has to be SDHC
Are there any good rooting tips...I see in order to actually uninstall the built in Weather Program, you have to root in order to uninstall as it does not give that option as it now stands...Never rooted before and am not exactly sure what to do...did a google search but didnt really seem clear to me

Thanks again

Last edited:

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
In the signature part of my posts there are two links. The first gives step by step instructions on how to root your tablet. The second link is to the xda page that has the Z4root link. Download the Z4root, then follow the instructions in the first link. Make sure that when you get to the part about the Development link that you have a little patience. When the notification pops up about enabling USB debugging, click okay, then hit your home button in the upper left corner. Once you get back to your home screen then long press an empty space on your background. The shortcuts widget will pop up. Select shortcuts, then activites, then scroll down until you find Development (it was the 60th one down on my list) and select it. It will have another popup where you can rename the shortcut if you want. I left the name alone and clicked ok. It will put the shortcut on your desktop. Open the shortcut and enable USB debugging. Close that and then open the Z4root back up and root the tablet. I had SuperUser pre-installed, but I think it will automatically install when you root using the Z4root.

You are welcome about the SDHC card. I realized I had one lying around and decided to give it a try. I am just glad it works.

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
That looks pretty involved...maybe I will print that out and wait a bit to get more familiar with the tablet first...dont want to go wandering around in there and do something stupid and brick it...thanks for the info though

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
That is what I am here for :D Rooting is not a neccessary thing to do on your tablet. So don't worry about waiting because I have seen posts from several people on different forums that have damaged their system after rooting. If someone asks I tell them how to do it, but honestly I don't think everyone should root just because they can.

Bug Dr

Mar 10, 2011
I can now say that the SDHC cardsvdo work. I just tried one wnd it worked just fine. :)

Good to know. I have a FlyTouch3 on the way. It should arrive Monday according to tracking.

And I just ordered a 16GB Class 4 SDHC card today.

I'm looking forward to using this tablet. Hope it is almost as fun as my HTC EVO.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I hope you enjoy it as well, I know I am having a blast with mine! This has been one of my better investments in my opinion. My wife disagrees because I am always either on here or on my laptop. But that is irrelevant :) Don't tell her I said that. This is my first tablet, and I probably will get another eventually, but I don't regret choosing this one first.

saugen48

Mar 3, 2011
The only reason I was looking at rooting was to get rid of that "stock" weather program on the tablet...I understand that is the only way to get rid of it...Hate seeing the bloody thing everytime I turn it on, especially with no option for my home city (Halifax, Canada)

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
It was a bit annoying, and it did have my location. That was actually one of the first to go after I rooted mine.

xerox77

Mar 30, 2011
Hello Folks,

My Fly Touch 3 is on the way (hopefully) and i am really curious about the capabilities of this tablet. In the near future i would like to invest more money in a higher class tablet, but for first choice it looks fine and even i do not have any experience with tablets and android.
So, here we go, i have my first newbie question: the tablet will arrive with android 2.2. is there any way to upgrade it to 2.3 or maybe 3? or it is absolutely not makes any sense?
Also on many sites they are mixing the terms; internal GPS and GPS receiver. What i have seen on vids there is an external GPS with cord, but have never seen any info which could confirm the presence of the internal one. Maybe someone who has this device?

Thanks guys in advance.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Xerox77, as of right now we are only able to run 2.2. In the future that might change, if we are very lucky. The F2G1 has been running 2.1 for quite a while and may be a while yet before they can upgrade. And the G1 has support from Gome,we don't. So the answer is most likely not without interest from a developer who wants to try and upgrade. As far as GPS, yes it does have internal GPS. The module you see is like an antenna to help receive better signal. Honestly I haven't even tried mine out yet. I don't have my tablet handy eight now or I would look and tell you the internal component specs.