Google Voice Search

JimS

May 23, 2011
I have my Kyros MID7015A rooted and the full Google Markerplace installed thank to this great site... :):):)

Just wondering if the Voice Search (prossess com.google.android.voicesearch) is working for any of you all? I keep getting "has stopped unexplectedly, please try again.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2011
I have also the same problem. I have the same setup as u do with the root. I think because the device is not made this way, the option doesnt work on it

aino

Apr 30, 2011
I just tried the google translator app (great app) and had the same problem.

A lib is missing, libspeech.so is needed to voice search works, I'm including that lib in this post.

procedure to install it (root is needed)

extract the file
with adb:
Code:
adb remount
adb push libspeech.so /system/lib/libspeech.so
adb reboot

hope this helps you

Attachments

• $libspeech.zip
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,279

JimS

May 23, 2011
SUCCESS!!! I did not use the adb command; I believe this is from the Android developer SDK.

Here’s what I did.
Extracted the libspeech.so file from attached zip file and copied to root of my sdcard.
Opened Terminal Emulator and typed the following command lines ($ and # are not typed)

$ su
# cp /sdcard/libspeech.so /system/lib/libspeech.so
# chown root.shell /system/lib/libspeech.so
# chmod 0755 /system/lib/libspeech.so
# reboot

After booting Google Voice Search works great !!!!

@aino, I would click the thank you button, but unfortunately I done see one to click :confused:

Apr 28, 2011
SUCCESS!!! I did not use the adb command; I believe this is from the Android developer SDK.

Here’s what I did.
Extracted the libspeech.so file from attached zip file and copied to root of my sdcard.
Opened Terminal Emulator and typed the following command lines ($ and # are not typed)

$ su
# cp /sdcard/libspeech.so /system/lib/libspeech.so
# chown root.shell /system/lib/libspeech.so
# chmod 0755 /system/lib/libspeech.so
# reboot

After booting Google Voice Search works great !!!!

@aino, I would click the thank you button, but unfortunately I done see one to click :confused:

Hey, I got to the "# chown root.shell /system/lib/libspeech.so" line, hit enter and it said, "unable to chmod /system/lib/libspeech.so: No such file or directory."

I did the exact thing u said to do and it gave me this error.
Read my signature to find out more about my device. Its all correct.
Hopefully you can help me out, if not thanks anyway.

JimS

May 23, 2011
Hey, I got to the "# chown root.shell /system/lib/libspeech.so" line, hit enter and it said, "unable to chmod /system/lib/libspeech.so: No such file or directory."

I did the exact thing u said to do and it gave me this error.
Read my signature to find out more about my device. Its all correct.
Hopefully you can help me out, if not thanks anyway.

My quess it that you typo'd on the cp (copy) command, other wise the chown (change owner) command should of worked.

Apr 28, 2011

A lib is missing, libspeech.so is needed to voice search works, I'm including that lib in this post.

extract the file
with adb:
Code:
adb remount
adb reboot

hope this helps you

when using the ADB command, do u need to put the file on the root of the sdcard? or can it just be on the desktop of your computer?

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
when using the ADB command, do u need to put the file on the root of the sdcard? or can it just be on the desktop of your computer?
It has to be wherever your CMD window is browsing to. The default for windows 7 is C:\Users\Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator

zig422

Dec 27, 2011
The attached files will not unzip. Do you have another link?

extract the file
with adb:
Code:
adb remount
adb reboot

hope this helps you

loglive

Apr 27, 2013
Hi, I think it works with ES File Explorer, go to root explorer button to mount RW the /system then copy the file shared in LAN to the LIB location on the tablet, then revert to regular permissions for the file (press and hold, checkmark, properties, change permissions) and unmount the /system to RO before reboot.
It sounds difficult but it's really Windows-like. More details here.