Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for the explanations - I was able to put Android Market on my new tablet easily. Two things I noticed though afterwards - 1) The screen seems to turn on by itself every few minutes and then turn itself off after a few seconds (not too big a deal I guess), but more importantly 2) Something seems to be wrong with my WiFi - the best I'm getting is ~90 Kb/S download - not nearly enough to play youtube videos or surf the internet. My router works fine, and *I think* this wasn't a problem before installing the new files. Did I do something to the wifi? Is there some kind of fix? Thanks in advance for the help.

To fix the "restless sleep" wake up and sleep sequencing, download and install the Advanced WiFiLock (Free) from the Market. This will stop the waking up and sleeping. It will also enable your WiFi connection to stay on when your tablet goes to sleep. Others have experienced a lower speed WiFi connection when the tablet sleeps and wakes up.

rahzel

Aug 16, 2011
Has anyone owned both the 7022 and 7024?

I recently purchased a 7024 but returned it due to weak WiFi. Even if I'm 3m from my wireless router, I only get 1-2 bars. If I move to the furthest end of the house (which is not big by any means) I even lose signal. My old MID7015 can even pick up neighbors signals.

Does it sound like my MID7024 just had a faulty wireless adapter, or is it known to be poor in that regard?
And to anyone who has owned both, is the 7022 any better?

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
I followed your steps and got the older market working, but when I tried to install the new version, I get FC. I installed it from the SD card and tried from CWM recovery, that when I did it through recovery it said the zip file was bad. Any help, I'd love to have the new version like on my Evo 3d with movies and all.

marvinwv

Aug 23, 2011
well i got it all loaded and working but the market wont let something download any idea?

Ok extract the apks from the g tablet zip on your sd card or however you want to access them.
Install the files in this order.[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk
Reboot. Select the setup wizard as your launcher and you will have to link your gmail account. After you do that, install the vending apk in the vending zip file. That's it. You will be on market after that.

marvinwv

Aug 23, 2011
anyone have any idea of how to get the microSD card to be the primary or at the least a drive to use for apps?

i have a 32gb card and the applib .. amazon android market or about anything else wants to download to my internal storage and not the SD

synapticflow

Aug 23, 2011
What you are going to do is put the sd card on your computer or plug your tablet up to the pc and enable the mass storage. Extract the files from the g tab zip to your computer. Copy the new gtab folder to your sd card. Plug up your sd card back into your tablet or unplug your tablet from the pc(whichever method you chose). Es File Explorer is already installed on your tablet. Whenever the app comes up it should already be in the root directory of the sdcard. Find the G tablet folder and you will see the file names of the files you need. To install an app, click on the application icon and it will prompt you to install and the install button will be on the bottom. Press that button and it will install the app. Install the apps in the order listed below then reboot. You don't have to run the setup wizard when it reboots, you can just choose launcher. When you go the market for the first time, you have to sync your gmail with market. Hope this helps.
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk

Mine won't open the files correctly. It keeps saying "open as image" and things like that.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Here are all the apps needed to install market updated to gingerbread versions (2.3.3.) + the newest market (3.1.3). Signed with zipsigner2 and working on our 7022.

Install them in numbered order and reboot.

Attachments

• $Market Install.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 377,615

Mikearama

Sep 12, 2011
Here are all the apps needed to install market updated to gingerbread versions (2.3.3.) + the newest market (3.1.3). Signed with zipsigner2 and working on our 7022.Install them in numbered order and reboot.
It works - just like that ... Should run the wizard when it reboots

Sep 17, 2011
Anyone having problems unzipping these? I cannot unzip and access any of the files in this post. IS there something special I am supposed to be doing? I do not get it cannot open these on my laptop or the tablet itself.

Sep 17, 2011
Well I got the market installed finally but every item I try to dl on the MID7022 says your device is not compatible with this item. Even Angry Birds =(

Edit: I reverted back to the version in the ops post (old market) and the compatibility errors are gone now but i cannot use the newer market at all.

Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Well I got the market installed finally but every item I try to dl on the MID7022 says your device is not compatible with this item. Even Angry Birds =(

Edit: I reverted back to the version in the ops post (old market) and the compatibility errors are gone now but i cannot use the newer market at all.

I noticed that too. The new market restricts alot more apps on this tablet compared to the old market

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum