Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

Sep 17, 2011
I noticed that too. The new market restricts alot more apps on this tablet compared to the old market

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Yup also i could not install adw.launcher from the market at all. It does not show upin search tool.

A work around if you have a rooted phone with same os is to backup apps on the phone with titanium backup and just copy the bkup files to the titaniumbackup folder on the tablet and restore the files to the tablet (note you should be rooted on both devices with titanium backup on both, and do a reboot before restoring as tb may need a restart to see the files.).

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It seems that versions 3.x check the tablet product signature, and it blocks some apps. Either revert to 2.3.6 or change your signature to a fake one (one that best match your model is desirable).

edit: if you install 2.3.6 and want to prevent market update, remove or don't install MarketUpdater.apk.

Sep 17, 2011
It seems that versions 3.x check the tablet product signature, and it blocks some apps. Either revert to 2.3.6 or change your signature to a fake one (one that best match your model is desirable).

edit: if you install 2.3.6 and want to prevent market update, remove or don't install MarketUpdater.apk.

How do you change the sig? Also was 2.3.x of the market posted here? According to my tab the ver installed was 1.8x

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
How do you change the sig? Also was 2.3.x of the market posted here? According to my tab the ver installed was 1.8x

One needs to edit one of those configuration files (build.prop or default.prop IIRIC). I don't know if there are any side effects.

I got 2.3.6 elsewhere, don't remember where exactly.

PS: nba1341 said in another thread that market 3.1.3 works, it just displays a warning but you can download/install any app. I can't confirm this tho.

Sep 17, 2011
I can work with the older version installed atm, it gives no errors and other than not being able to see one item so far through the search feature the rest of the apps show up. =)

-D

rahzel

Aug 16, 2011
I don't see 3.1x in the link you provided.

What are the advantages of using the newer versions of market vs the older one?

Feckweed405

Oct 7, 2011
When I held either Home or Volume-up during power-up I got "Upgrade System Activated". I was able to recover that way. Thanks! I'm not going to try installing the market again before I figure out what I did wrong the first time, however.

UPDATE: After watching your video, I screwed up my courage and tried installing it again, and it went perfectly!

Thanks, Bruce

I did the same thing - accidently clicked on Setup Wizard as default instead of launcher and now cant get past that screen. How do you boot into recovery in a non-rooted machine? When I hold down the HOME button when restarting I get the dreaded eclamation point-droid icon and if I reset then it just goes back to the setup wizard loop. If I hold down the sound up while rebooting I get "The device enter FWDN mode - please connect USB to PC or Reset The Device" and when I connect the USB nothing happens and when I reset it goes back to the setup wizard. Again I have NOT rooted but just tried the non-root way to get gapps. Help! Thanks!!

Feckweed405

Oct 7, 2011
Ok extract the apks from the g tablet zip on your sd card or however you want to access them.
Install the files in this order.[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk
Reboot. Select the setup wizard as your launcher and you will have to link your gmail account. After you do that, install the vending apk in the vending zip file. That's it. You will be on market after that.

I did everything in this order now have the setup wizard force close loop. I see now that I should have chosen the launcher as my default then got into Google apps to sign on. As my other message said I tried resetting but still stuck in this loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Mike

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I did everything in this order now have the setup wizard force close loop. I see now that I should have chosen the launcher as my default then got into Google apps to sign on. As my other message said I tried resetting but still stuck in this loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Mike

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Market -> "Clear defaults" button in "Launch by default".

Feckweed405

Oct 7, 2011
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Market -> "Clear defaults" button in "Launch by default".

Thanks but cant even get to Settings (D’OH!) because Setup Wizard accidentally saved as default instead of launcher (i.e., cant get to launcher). Do I have to reload the firmware using FWDN driver and if so, how do I get such a driver and a firmware copy. Sorry to be such a noob. :O) Mike

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks but cant even get to Settings (D’OH!) because Setup Wizard accidentally saved as default instead of launcher (i.e., cant get to launcher). Do I have to reload the firmware using FWDN driver and if so, how do I get such a driver and a firmware copy. Sorry to be such a noob. :O) Mike

Sorry, I can't help with FWDN because my tablet is a MID1024.

Another idea: if you can open the browser, you can search for a settings.apk, download, install and open it so you can change the preference above.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I did the same thing - accidently clicked on Setup Wizard as default instead of launcher and now cant get past that screen. How do you boot into recovery in a non-rooted machine? When I hold down the HOME button when restarting I get the dreaded eclamation point-droid icon and if I reset then it just goes back to the setup wizard loop. If I hold down the sound up while rebooting I get "The device enter FWDN mode - please connect USB to PC or Reset The Device" and when I connect the USB nothing happens and when I reset it goes back to the setup wizard. Again I have NOT rooted but just tried the non-root way to get gapps. Help! Thanks!!

while power on, press & hold BACK button(silver orb on front) until recovery menu is displayed after ! screen. then you can do "factory reset".

Feckweed405

Oct 7, 2011
while power on, press & hold BACK button(silver orb on front) until recovery menu is displayed after ! screen. then you can do "factory reset".

Thanks! When I tried that it booted into the Coby sign then into a diagram of the Android guy with an exclamation. Its not rooted so is recovery possible? The whole goal of trying this technique was not to root it so that my 13 year old wouldnt have to monkey with it. Now I am monkeying with it! :p

Feckweed405

Oct 7, 2011

Sorry, the ! android never went away. We tried the middle silver orb and the return button for several minutes but never got the recovery menu to come up.