Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

widgetstore

Jul 17, 2011
Big thanks to daprospecta for the android market setup instructions. I have had the Coby MID7022 for a week now and am extremely happy with the purchase; however, I have run into a few hurdles and I am hoping this group can help.

1. Is there a way to setup Calendar and Contacts with Sync for this tablet without rooting? Based what I have read for the 7015, rooting seems to be necessary (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-games/9855-coby-7015-calendar-contacts.html).
2. I've had problems with the accelerometer and games like Doodle Jump. I have had luck with other motion games, but this one is unresponsive to tilting. Any one else experience this issue? Is there a way around this?
3. There are apps available that use the GPS but it is not necessary for full functionality (Flixster, Urbanspoon, etc). I am unable to install these from the market and side loading also fails. Is there a work around?
4. Is the new market apk available for this tablet?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Big thanks to daprospecta for the android market setup instructions. I have had the Coby MID7022 for a week now and am extremely happy with the purchase; however, I have run into a few hurdles and I am hoping this group can help.

1. Is there a way to setup Calendar and Contacts with Sync for this tablet without rooting? Based what I have read for the 7015, rooting seems to be necessary (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-games/9855-coby-7015-calendar-contacts.html).
2. I've had problems with the accelerometer and games like Doodle Jump. I have had luck with other motion games, but this one is unresponsive to tilting. Any one else experience this issue? Is there a way around this?
3. There are apps available that use the GPS but it is not necessary for full functionality (Flixster, Urbanspoon, etc). I am unable to install these from the market and side loading also fails. Is there a work around?
4. Is the new market apk available for this tablet?

No. Possibly. Yes. Yes

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

eruby

May 17, 2011
Thanks daprospecta for your help. I was having problems with the initial zip files - showing them to be empty. Since you gave us the link, I downloaded and it worked flawlessly. No problem with my home key or anything else. Thanks you.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Thanks daprospecta for your help. I was having problems with the initial zip files - showing them to be empty. Since you gave us the link, I downloaded and it worked flawlessly. No problem with my home key or anything else. Thanks you.

Cool glad u got it working. There is a topic on the new market working as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Devedander

Jul 21, 2011
Not getting any luck... just tried on mine and I can get market to run however it always says it can't connect to google so can't create an account nor log into an existing one. Also I despite installing the framework I do not get a accounts & sync option on my settings screen... any ideas?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Not getting any luck... just tried on mine and I can get market to run however it always says it can't connect to google so can't create an account nor log into an existing one. Also I despite installing the framework I do not get a accounts & sync option on my settings screen... any ideas?

Factory reset and start over

oso53b2

Jul 25, 2011
yeah i still want the instructions. I'll compare it to what I have already done.

I just want to verify, in your post this text appears: ".[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]"
This Not part of the instructions, isn't it???

oso53b2

Jul 25, 2011
Hey daprospecta, thanks for sharing your knowledge. I followed the steps as spec'ed out in the earlier post, the sequence (of installing the apps) is different to the one that you mentioned in your video. I tried both ways, but the Market App refuses to work. Should I uninstall all the apk's from the 'G Tablet' zip. Am a bit apprehensive though, If I do this would it mess up anything in mine 7022?. BTW, regardless of what sequence I used, I never go the SetUp Wizard as a choice of Launcher. If I do the uninstall, what is the 'Real' sequence?, I guess the one from your video, correct?. Switching topic, could you send me a link on how to root this darn thing

vickishops

Jul 27, 2011
I have a 7024, was able to install the market following your detailed instructions. But now my home key does not work at all, my browser key works occasionally and when I turn the unit on, it doesn't have the screen with the lock on it, instead it asks me if I want to start it gives me two options (I'm not near it so I can't remember exactly what it is) one is a launcher which brings me to my "home" screen, the other brings me to a pic of an android that says to click on it but if I do nothing happens. Got any ideas how I can (a) make it turn on to the original beginning screen that has a lock on it and (b) how I can get my home key to work again?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I have a 7024, was able to install the market following your detailed instructions. But now my home key does not work at all, my browser key works occasionally and when I turn the unit on, it doesn't have the screen with the lock on it, instead it asks me if I want to start it gives me two options (I'm not near it so I can't remember exactly what it is) one is a launcher which brings me to my "home" screen, the other brings me to a pic of an android that says to click on it but if I do nothing happens. Got any ideas how I can (a) make it turn on to the original beginning screen that has a lock on it and (b) how I can get my home key to work again?

Home key thing happened to me. I did a factory reset n redid the process n that fixed it. On the launcher problem check the box at the bottom n select launcher n that will go away for good.