Got The Market Working On 7022 Without Rooting!

MedSchoolChick

Nov 6, 2011
What you need
1. Thumb drive
2. Astro file manager pro (ASTRO File Manager Pro v2.5.2.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download) cos the ES file explorer didn't recognize it. You should download this on the kyros via internet.
3. download or save the G tablet.zip on the thumb drive
4. Using the usb cable adapter provided with your coby kyros attach your thumb drive to the end.
5.Open Astro file manager and find your thumb drive
6. Find G tablet.zip, Click on it, Click App, You should see Gmail.apk,Google servicesframework.apk, Onetimesetup.apk, Setupwizard.apk, vending.apk etc
7.The rest should be the same as the video..

dsfilms

Nov 15, 2011
hey there, I used the directions and everythign went fine. the market was installed, on first launch it crashed on second launch it worked fine. I tried to download an app but every app I try instantly errors out and cant be downloaded. So then I uninstalled the market and installed the newer market someone poster a link to here, the 3.1. version, that installed fine but then it crashes every time I start the market. any ideas??

I am using a coby kryos 7022 4g

thanks in advance

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
hey there, I used the directions and everythign went fine. the market was installed, on first launch it crashed on second launch it worked fine. I tried to download an app but every app I try instantly errors out and cant be downloaded. So then I uninstalled the market and installed the newer market someone poster a link to here, the 3.1. version, that installed fine but then it crashes every time I start the market. any ideas??

I am using a coby kryos 7022 4g

thanks in advance

Go to Settings -> Applications, find GoogleServicesFramework and Market, open them and use "Clear data", reboot tablet and try again. Your Google account is working fine? Can you login to Android market from the web browser? Also, don't install Market 3.2, you'd better stay with an older version and install MarketUpdater.apk so the app will auto-update to a newer version. You may need to change LCD density to 160 (and clear Market's data once again, then reboot) if you get the incompatibility warning for certain apps. You can get the full Gapps packages for Gingerbread (gapps-gb) here: goo-inside.me - gapps downloads.

Magicone31

Nov 16, 2011
yeah i still want the instructions. I'll compare it to what I have already done.

Ok I am new to the forum and have a new Coby Kyros 7022 that i'm trying to get the Android Market on. After downloading the zip file, when I hit to install in order to start with the OneTimeInitializer, it gives me an error "Sorry no application available", What am I doing wrong? I was told to unzip the file, but I do not know how to do this. Also, is a MicroSd required for this installation because I have been trying without one (ordered one online waiting to receive it). Thanks in advance for your help.

Nov 20, 2011
while power on, press & hold BACK button(silver orb on front) until recovery menu is displayed after ! screen. then you can do "factory reset".

I cannot tell you how relieved I was when I tried this and it worked!!!!!!!!! You're my new best friend :)

Acevanquish

Nov 20, 2011
What is the highest version market anyone has gotten to work. When I first tried this I got 3.3.1.1 to install instead of using the vending provided on page 1 it launched and looked fine. I tried to download an addon for dolphin and it force closed. It force closes every time I launch now. I have worked my way backwards from most recent without any success. 3.2 installs but force closes. 3.1.6 does not install. 3.1.5 installs but force closes. The last one I tried was 3.0.something and it force closes. My coby is very new and does not have much else installed that would conflict. Market was the first thing I tried adding.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
What is the highest version market anyone has gotten to work. When I first tried this I got 3.3.1.1 to install instead of using the vending provided on page 1 it launched and looked fine. I tried to download an addon for dolphin and it force closed. It force closes every time I launch now. I have worked my way backwards from most recent without any success. 3.2 installs but force closes. 3.1.6 does not install. 3.1.5 installs but force closes. The last one I tried was 3.0.something and it force closes. My coby is very new and does not have much else installed that would conflict. Market was the first thing I tried adding.

The highest version working for me is 3.3.12 on the MID7022. Remember to uninstall the old market before installing another version. If this isnt the problem then you might be missing one of the apk's required for market like service framework. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk

Acevanquish

Nov 20, 2011
The highest version working for me is 3.3.12 on the MID7022. Remember to uninstall the old market before installing another version. If this isnt the problem then you might be missing one of the apk's required for market like service framework. Hope this helps.

I thought 3.3.1.1 was ok. Maybe it was just acting up that day. I did put in the framework files and other stuff first. I removed each version before trying another too. I'm not completely new to android and apk's just not sure how to handle one that doesn't take the latest version of everything yet. Thanks for the input though.

Acevanquish

Nov 20, 2011
Ehm signing? Maybe that's my problem. I can only get the vending from page 1 to work. The others install, I can load them, and search but it force closes during download. Can someone point me to a relevant signing tut? I don't need entire beginner hand holding just haven't ran into any apps that require it.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Ehm signing? Maybe that's my problem. I can only get the vending from page 1 to work. The others install, I can load them, and search but it force closes during download. Can someone point me to a relevant signing tut? I don't need entire beginner hand holding just haven't ran into any apps that require it.

Some apk files dont install on this tablet unless it is signed. To sign an apk download zip signer 2 from market and then select the apk in zip signer 2 use platform for signing mode. Here is the latest pre signed market. http://db.tt/8WK6t77w

at428hk

Nov 22, 2011
What you are going to do is put the sd card on your computer or plug your tablet up to the pc and enable the mass storage. Extract the files from the g tab zip to your computer. Copy the new gtab folder to your sd card. Plug up your sd card back into your tablet or unplug your tablet from the pc(whichever method you chose). Es File Explorer is already installed on your tablet. Whenever the app comes up it should already be in the root directory of the sdcard. Find the G tablet folder and you will see the file names of the files you need. To install an app, click on the application icon and it will prompt you to install and the install button will be on the bottom. Press that button and it will install the app. Install the apps in the order listed below then reboot. You don't have to run the setup wizard when it reboots, you can just choose launcher. When you go the market for the first time, you have to sync your gmail with market. Hope this helps.
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk
I use your guide without install the second vending.apk and it works. Thanks. Most importantly I guess you need to wipe everything before installing.

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
What you need
1. Thumb drive
2. Astro file manager pro (ASTRO File Manager Pro v2.5.2.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download) cos the ES file explorer didn't recognize it. You should download this on the kyros via internet.
3. download or save the G tablet.zip on the thumb drive
4. Using the usb cable adapter provided with your coby kyros attach your thumb drive to the end.
5.Open Astro file manager and find your thumb drive
6. Find G tablet.zip, Click on it, Click App, You should see Gmail.apk,Google servicesframework.apk, Onetimesetup.apk, Setupwizard.apk, vending.apk etc
7.The rest should be the same as the video..
I am thinking about buying a 7022 and don't have a way to put the files onto the sdc, but I can put them on a thumbdrive and get it to work?
thanks