Gotta new tablet... but don't know what it is...

zapper97

Aug 30, 2011
Howdy Y'all

I just got a new, shiny android 2.3.4 tablet...from Amazon...

7" A10 CPU Cortex A8 1GHz Android 2.3 Ultrathin 5-point Multi-touch Capacitive Tablet PC WiFi

Amazon.com: 7" A10 CPU Cortex A8 1GHz Android 2.3 Ultrathin 5-point Multi-touch Capacitive Tablet PC WiFi: Computers & Accessories

Pretty cool, little device. However, I'm not exactly sure what the device it actually is... Any suggestions for how to go about learning more about this actual device.

I want to learn about rooting, custom roms, etc...but I am not exactly sure where to start

Can't wait to start learning about this Android stuff.

Thanks,
Zapper

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Zapper, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. As you suspected, before you can make any changes to that tablet you'll need to find out exactly what device you have. The best place to do that is the Android Tablet Q&A section, so I'm moving your thread over there for you. Good luck!

repsac

Feb 21, 2012
If you have not already then go to the Market and install Dalvik Explorer, open it and it wil tell you what is inside; Manufacturer, Model, CPU, Board, Screen etc. I am new to this and took delivery of a tablet with a supposedly Cortex 9a CPU - Not so it seems!