"green android icon holding a yellow triangle with an exclamation point"

anandrajny

Aug 26, 2011
Try this at your OWN RISK, if you haven't already..
Download this to a PC --> Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
Leave folder compressed.
Transfer update.zip to an external SD card.
Place external SD card into tablet.
Hold the Power & - Vol buttons till it reads Booting Recovery kernel image

If you haven't attempted this before & did not root your tablet.
It should be within warranty, send it to ACER.

I was a successful install and thank you for that but the password doesn't work. I am 100% sure about my google password. I thought after several attempts it might take me to some other screen where I could enter google login and password but no. Still there. So, right now I'm stuck at the password prompt. Any ideas?

RSRcholo

Aug 30, 2011
I was a successful install and thank you for that but the password doesn't work. I am 100% sure about my google password. I thought after several attempts it might take me to some other screen where I could enter google login and password but no. Still there. So, right now I'm stuck at the password prompt. Any ideas?
Same here. Please help.

HD87

May 14, 2011
Make sure you connect to Wifi. If you skipped that part & went to set up the google account, that's probably why it's not working...
Also you don't need to input your Google email & password to use the tablet, you can SKIP that part aswell..

Last edited:

RSRcholo

Aug 30, 2011
Is there a newer update.zip you could upload. I tryed flashing the other one and it stopped at about 70% and rebooted. Once it rebooted it went back to its ominous "Enter your password___" stage.

HD87

May 14, 2011
It didn't work the same thing happened
What same thing? Be specific..
Did you encrypt your tablet? & it's asking for the password to decrypt..
or the Google email & password prompt when your first setup the tablet?

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
What led to attempt this type of reset, could you not go to Settings: Privacy: Factory data reset? If so, why?
Try a soft reset by clicking the hole on side of the tab with a paperclip. What's it doing now? be specific.

It appears that works.
But how long it should take that?

Been waitng to restore in factory setting but I think it hangs on there....

waiting patiently while typing this message still on that message and an ACER logo on the middle..

Erasing userdata...
Erasing Cache...

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Lemme try that Post #8.

After all test and now, succesfully updated and gained back my Tablet!

here's the result:

Version 3.1 (13-Sep-11 update)

FLEX Version - 11_COM_GEN2 now 22_COM_GEN1
Product SKU - Wifi
Device info Ver. - 1.0
Manufacturer - Acer
Model ID - A500
CPU vendor - nVidia
CPU speed - 1.0 GHz
EC version - 21010400
CPU version - T20
ROM size - 32GB
RAM size - 1GB
Horizontal pixels - 1280
Vertical pixels - 800
Kernel Version - 2.6.36.3
Build Number: - Acer_A500_4.010.11_COM_GEN2 now Acer_A500_4.010.22_COM_GEN1
Android Version - 3.1

*Red marks are updated since my last update from OTA

Many Thanks to HD87 for his help. I didn't stop since last night to bring back my Tablet back in action!

Last edited:

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Glad to hear you got it resolved. Now flash ClockWorkMod recovery & flash taboonay the right way ;)

Please see my response here since this is not my thread.

Again, thank you for the continuing support for newbies like me.

cathyelkgrv

Sep 17, 2011
Holding the Power & - Volume button does not do a reset. It boots into recovery mode..
If going into recovery mode prompts you with the ! & triangle & you cannot boot up,
try the factory reset by doing what frnkws suggested. If that doesn't work..
Then your going to need to find either the Update (14 MB), If you know what the build number was would be best..
&/or if that doesn't work a ROM similar to your original build ex. (4.010.07_COM_GEN1),
download it to your PC, rename to update.zip, upload to an external SD card, insert SD card into tablet,
Hold Power & - Vol buttons, which will boot into RECOVERY MODE & install the update.zip
Okay I got rid of the green droid and triangle now i have red writting saying boot verified fail.can you help me?

chelseababy

Dec 26, 2011
can you help me please i download the update zip and then plugged my phone into my computer than put the update zip on the micro sd in my phone afetr doing that i put the sd in the tablet and held power plus up vol until it said rebooting kernal image but it still did the android thing with the triangle with the exclamation point :(................... am i supposed to save the udate zip file in a specific folder on the sd or does that matter please help

gjtoth

Oct 7, 2010
im having the exact same problem. the issue is that i cant mess with any of the software settings because i now boot INTO the shutdown screen.... i can get in to the settings menu, but not change anything. Acer tech support was useless, and want me to mail it back after trying all of the reset modes.

Ive tried loading a recovery.zip that is popular in the "unbrick you iconia" threads on the net. but it just shows me that android !mark pic OP talked about... i wonder if its my SD card, but tablet saw it before when i had it in a usb adapter.

ive never had to use factory recovery modes... but same thing happens when i load it with or w/o a sd card installed. though a bar under the android takes longer to fill before giving me the exclamation mark. either way, no menus of anything useful appear.

Any chance I can get this somewhere else? Seems the link provided is dead.