HDMI Mid7022

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I just bought an HDMI cable from newegg and when I try to plug it in to my device it detects it for a second then disconnects. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

m3nd1n0

Aug 20, 2011
In Settings>Display, there is an Output Settings that might have to be configured. It is greyed out without an HDMI cable plugged in and I don't have one to test with. You might want to look in this area and see if it helps

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
In Settings>Display, there is an Output Settings that might have to be configured. It is greyed out without an HDMI cable plugged in and I don't have one to test with. You might want to look in this area and see if it helps
I was there the problem is that it says it is not detected and it will detect it for a second before graying out again.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Maybe a bad cable? I have one from amazon (amazon basics brand) and it has worked fine I have hooked it up and watched movies a few times. Make sure display is not set to LCD btw.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Maybe a bad cable? I have one from amazon (amazon basics brand) and it has worked fine I have hooked it up and watched movies a few times. Make sure display is not set to LCD btw.

Thats the problem I don't know if the cable is bad or the hdmi input on tablet is bad. This is the only device I own with mini hdmi. Also is that setting in the hdmi section.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I just noticed that this cable has ethernet built in. So maybe tablet doesn't support it

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
My cable has ethernet too but not sure what hdmi version. Make sure TV is powered on and on the hdmi input your cable is in then plug in cable. I get the ring notification then HDMI in notification bar. Doesnt show up if tv is off.

Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
My cable gas ethernet too but not sure what hdmi version. Make sure TV is powered on and on the hdmi input your cable is in then plug in cable. I get the ring notification then HDMI in notification bar. Doesnt show up if tv is off.

Ok so it's not ethernet I will try to buy another cable from a store and see if the cable is bad or its the tablet. By the way this is the cable I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882021192

Last edited:

poormanstab99

Sep 19, 2011
I think all 1.4 cables should work on a 1.3 system no matter what. It's simply the higher resolution 4k and ethernet abilities, but are supposed to be compatible in theory. I'll know when I get mine in, as I've ordered a 1.4, hopefully it works!

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
The only physical difference between an HDMI 1.4 cable and 1.3 is an extra connection for ethernet, everything else in the spec is either higher bandwith (hey cat6 works for 100base right?) or specific to the device rather than the cable

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
The only physical difference between an HDMI 1.4 cable and 1.3 is an extra connection for ethernet, everything else in the spec is either higher bandwith (hey cat6 works for 100base right?) or specific to the device rather than the cable

The problem was from the tv not the cable I think the tv has older hdmi ports then 1.3. I bought a hdmi to mini hdmi adapter but it didn't work on the tv either so I tried it on my moniter and it worked fine.

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Check the output resolution as well, it might be that the TV doesn't support full HD.