HELP Tablet keeps freezing

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
i just got my brand new asus TF tablet today and it keeps frezzing up and almost all the apps i downloaded from market place crash. i have no idea why it keeps doing this as i just bought it from ebay brand new in sealed box.

any help would be appreciated

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
First, have you installed any firmware updates?

Go to the Settings App - About - Update - Check for Update. If one is available, tap down by the clock and it will have a notification for the update.

The latest firmware update should be Build Version 8.6.5.19.

If you have the latest version, or after you update to the latest version you should do a hard reset (will not wipe data).

Hard reset - Disconnect from the charger and shut down your tablet (hold the lock button for 3 seconds and select OK on the Shutdown dialog box). Next, hold the VOL DOWN and while holding this, press the POWER BUTTON and hold both for 12 seconds or until some text appears in the top left corner. The next screen has 2 icons, left says Wipe, right is an Android. The right icon will have a green haze glowing behind it to indicate it is selected. Wait about 10 seconds and it will say "Cold-booting Linux" and it will start the Android OS.

If it is still acting funny, perhaps a factory data wipe may be a good idea since your tablet is pretty new and you don't have much data on it. Back up any data you want that you put on the /sdcard/ (internal directory) and any app data using the "App Backup" app that is part of the latest update.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
ok thanks ill/try that

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
just did it an laready it seems more responsive and quicker and thanks again

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
eh the reboot seamed to work but its/still doing the same thing then at times tablet frezzes and i have to restart it. would the os 3.2.1 have some thing to do with the frezzes and apps crashing?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
That should not, I am running 3.2.1 and do not have app freezes and crashes.

Which apps are freezing and crashing?

I would try going to Settings - Apps - Manage - All - DMClient and then Force Close, clear data and clear cache.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
yea its about all of my apps enven the market

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
If you go to Settings - Tablet - About - Build, there should be 4 numbers in a row, something like 8.6.5.19. What are those numbers?

Also, what is the kernel version?

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
Build 8.6.5.19
Kernel2.6.36.3

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
That is the latest firmware and build.

I hate to suggest it, but if I was having those issues I would back up any data I put on the /sdcard/ (internal) memory to a microSD and then wipe the tablet and start over. Hate to suggest that, but that is all I can think of with everything else we tried.

When reinstalling apps, I would just install one or two at a time and see if the stabiity changes (or if it is still force closing right after a wipe).

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
Ugh ok and to i wipe do i do thesame thing like when i rebooted

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Either that (and get the Wipe Data on the left icon by tapping the VOL DOWN) or you can go to Settings - Privacy - Factory Data Reset

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
Ok if seems to work now and im wating what im installing

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Glad you are back in business. I hate recommending a wipe but unfortunately it is necessary at times so you dontend up playing Frisbee with your TF and a brick wall!

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
Yeah now it likes to reboot it shelf with out me doing anything ugh im try calling Asus and see what infant tech supportbcan tell me :eek: