Hip Street - 7" Multimedia E Reader

starapple

Mar 18, 2011
I just called and spoke with their tech support. They say it's not Android and its an OS they will not identify that is customized for the gadget and it cannot be upgraded. All you can do is add an SD to store PDFs, MP3s etc but not add any apps. He confirmed that if the OS in upgraded or an OS fix is required the owner would need to get a new gadget. It does not have a camera and is basically an e-book reader.

gdesc

May 6, 2011
I bought this tablet on an impulse @ walmart thought that for the price if it doesnt work i can return it. I Works really well with a few exceptions. The audio is good you can put mp3 wma no probs, just drag and drop, the same for video, drag and drop but flash doesnt work well, the video gets cut off. I just converted the video to 3gp which it supports and it works great without any hiccups. As for the ebooks thats another matter, the epub and pdf dont work. I dont know i think this is too new that adobe doesnt recognize it. If someone else has better luck with that format , I'd like to hear about it. But the ebooks it .txt format work great. Html doesnt. The battery life is decent but I noticed that you have to drain the battery 2 to 3 times before it can hold its charge, but otherwise it's a good multemedia tablet that feels solid.
hth

progizmo

May 8, 2011
Hi Begotton,

Well lucky you, we just finished a review on this product! Depending on what you are looking for it could be for you. Keeping in mind, this is NOT an Android tablet, but more so a media player / eReader. You can always check out the full review at http://goprogizmo.com to see if it might be for you! Good luck with the tablet hunt!

Cheers

arnold12

Jun 28, 2011
I bought one and it is a piece of junk. Spend a few more dollars and but a good one Even the company won`t stand behind their own pwoduct when is doen`t work after i month

T.Nesbitt

Jan 11, 2012
My bought us each this e reader. I spent the day yesterday trying to figure how to put the e books I just downloaded onto this. I couldn’t get anything to work.
Also the touch screen doesn’t work so well. I can’t get the top bar to work without using a Game Boy pen. I’ve been unable to the date properly. I couldn’t even get the wall paper to change. In the instructions that aren’t very good to begin with, it tells you to go to an open android apps site. I’m not interested in knock off sites.
This thing is driving me crazy. I’m returning it !! Spend the extra couple of bucks and buy an Android tablet that is registered with Google. Its not worth the trouble.

Jud

May 18, 2012
As for the ebooks thats another matter, the epub and pdf dont work. I dont know i think this is too new that adobe doesnt recognize it. If someone else has better luck with that format , I'd like to hear about it. But the ebooks it .txt format work great. hth

I've have this eReader, and i know that pdfs don't work, but epubs definately do

antosan

May 22, 2012
I just saw this new tablet : Hip Street 7" Multimedia E Reader
But there is not much info about it!
Any idea who actually makes it?
Android version?

At 78$ at w-m it's very cheap!

Yes ... It is made in China it is a no name brand android tablet which will cost you in Canada approx. $135.00 dollars.
do not waste your money, as I already sent two back which for no reason wen't dead while checking my e-mail and charging. The
most recent one. If you must have a android tablet 7" buy the new Samsung it does everything the hip street does and then some.:cool: