How do I get rid of Gestures app?

jborchel

Jun 1, 2011
It's located in the bottom left corner of my screen. I have no use for it and it gets in the way of the "Back"function touch key. I cannot find the Gestures app anywhere on my tablet.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I have no clue what you are talking about.
Bottom left corner? Is it always there, or only in some applications?

Perhaps a screen shot?

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
It's located in the bottom left corner of my screen. I have no use for it and it gets in the way of the "Back"function touch key. I cannot find the Gestures app anywhere on my tablet.

You probably are using the Dolphin Browser. You can define shortcut gestures to navigate a page, or to go to a website, etc. It may be of use to you for bypassing keyboard entry. If I remember correctly, you can move the button to the other side of the page where it won't cover the back button.

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
To change settings:

Press the rightmost icon (3 dots in ICS) which will give you a menu bar at the bottom

Press the more icon which will give you a popup menu on-the-job right

Press the settings icon

You will see gestures, then you can move the Gesture icon to the lower right.

Hope this is clear. Takes a lot of steps, but that is the way you move it.

jborchel

Jun 1, 2011
To change settings:

Press the rightmost icon (3 dots in ICS) which will give you a menu bar at the bottom

Press the more icon which will give you a popup menu on-the-job right

Press the settings icon

You will see gestures, then you can move the Gesture icon to the lower right.

Hope this is clear. Takes a lot of steps, but that is the way you move it.

You are right. I use Dolphin. I followed your instructions but Gestures does not show up.

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
I am on Acer A500 with ICS. I rechecked and the instructions work ok. The settings list has gesture and sonar near the middle of the list. Try again with just short taps in the first 3 steps.

If you don't have the same setup as above, you can probable search for help in Dolphin. That is all I can suggest at this time. Good luck.

jborchel

Jun 1, 2011
I am on Acer A500 with ICS. I rechecked and the instructions work ok. The settings list has gesture and sonar near the middle of the list. Try again with just short taps in the first 3 steps.

If you don't have the same setup as above, you can probable search for help in Dolphin. That is all I can suggest at this time. Good luck.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I was able to find the Gestures features control in Dolphin and although there wasn't an option to delete it there was one to move it to the bottom right corner. I did this and now it's out of the way. Thanks again.