(HOW TO) Uninstall Clockwork Recovery and revert to a stock image

bonzer2u

Jan 29, 2011
+1 for #3. Once you have the new ROM Manager choose Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and then choose Nook Color (not old). Reboot and you will be flashed to CWR 3.0.2.8.

JP
Updated RM to 4.2.0.2 as suggested, launched and it says the current and latest CWR versions are 3.0.0.5, hence no update available???

Gives me no option to upgrade CWR from my existing version. I'am using the free version of RM, do I need to purchase for this to work??

Nevermind........
For whatever reason SU was not being granted to RM even though its selected in SU??? weird...
After I manually launched SU already having RM open, the latest version disappeared and after selecting flash CWR, it asked me for old or new nook, selected new and 3.0.2.8 was installed...

Thanks again.

Last edited:

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
here's a new issue i never expected. This is on a friends NC.

Had installed some version of CM7. It boots to a small green image with the round CM7 arrow and "CyanogenMod" written next to it. Then black screen, nothing.

Tried formatting system/data, and it STILL DOES IT! Couldn't even get to CWM internal, so have a 3.0.0.6 boot disk i'm using to boot to CWM. How is CM7 still on this despite the system and data format?!

Just trying to get back to stock so I can redo the process. Any help is appreciated.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
here's a new issue i never expected. This is on a friends NC.

Had installed some version of CM7. It boots to a small green image with the round CM7 arrow and "CyanogenMod" written next to it. Then black screen, nothing.

Tried formatting system/data, and it STILL DOES IT! Couldn't even get to CWM internal, so have a 3.0.0.6 boot disk i'm using to boot to CWM. How is CM7 still on this despite the system and data format?!

Just trying to get back to stock so I can redo the process. Any help is appreciated.

You need to follow the full process in the first post, not just wipe system and data.

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
You need to follow the full process in the first post, not just wipe system and data.

Thanks for the quick reply, but tried that. Still does it. Still boots to "Cyanogenmod" and then blank. It's like CM has taken over the boot process. Don't get "Future of Reading" or anything.

Will "format boot" take it back to stock, or is it going to make it so I can't even boot to SD?

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
Don't do that unless you have the boot repair file. I don't recall the exact process but you will lose boot and need to restore from a stock boot file.

Restoring stock boot file sounds like it's what I need to do. Any more info on that or what else to try is appreciated.

Sent from my NC using Tapatalk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Just another thought, try clearing your cache partition and dalvik cache first, then system and data and see if that helps. Once you have done that flash the stock image zip file. Unmount card and reboot. Once booted (or whatever it does at this point) try holding power and n which should erase and deregister the device.

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
To clarify, I have already tried installing a full stock 1.1, that didn't work. What can I do to repair boot?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
Just another thought, try clearing your cache partition and dalvik cache first, then system and data and see if that helps. Once you have done that flash the stock image zip file. Unmount card and reboot. Once booted (or whatever it does at this point) try holding power and n which should erase and deregister the device.

Nope, that didn't do it either. Any other ideas? This has got me VERY confused.

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
To clarify, I have already tried installing a full stock 1.1, that didn't work. What can I do to repair boot?

I hear you. But wiping the caches ins't inclulded in the instructions nor is the power+n button press. Trying those may help. If not I found the boot thread for you (took a little digging otherwise I would have posted it sooner)

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...53-accidentally-formatted-boot.html#post62738
Haha, sorry. Didn't mean to contradict you, we're just playing post tag, and you hit submit before I did.

Will take a look at the boot file. Thanks!

Last edited:

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
That boot fix at least got it to the "Future of reading" screen, and then to the big N. I was able to re-boot 8 times and get it to go back to default. Thanks!

Hope I can finish this off soon

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
That's weird...you should always be able to get into CWR before that loading splash screen shows up...if you weren't, that means that the hard button press sequence (N+pwr for instance) was remapped.

We have had several users reset from CM7 before, so I don't know why this didn't work for you.

adamtalbot

Jun 1, 2011
Hello folks. I'm in a bit of sticky situation whereby my Nook won't boot.

I want to resotre to stock using Darween's method in the OP but think I've previously erased /boot. Should I do anything different before trying the process in post 1?

Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hello folks. I'm in a bit of sticky situation whereby my Nook won't boot.

I want to resotre to stock using Darween's method in the OP but think I've previously erased /boot. Should I do anything different before trying the process in post 1?

Thanks!

Read posts 47-57 above.