[Howto] Install CWM, Custom ROM, Flash Player, and Market Fix for 1.1 based ROMs

jjewell

Apr 26, 2011
ok i got the clockwork working with no problems. i followed all the sets for loading a new rom and when i get to step 11-3 i can't find my rom folder. all i get is a list of things but nothing thats on the sd card.
the list looks like this.
-Android/
-DCIM/
-LOST.DIR/
-clockworkmod/
-download/
-update.zip

jjewell

Apr 26, 2011
also i get a "No sd-ext found. skipping backup of sd-ext." during the backup stage that i didn't notice before. plus when i unmount system and data, cache and sdcard get unmounted at the same time.

Last edited:

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
can someone please help. I'm a noob at this just got my g-tab trying to installed the clockworkmod but unable to. I can seems to save it in the root dir or where to find the sdcard dir. someone please help.

Have u found an answer to this? Are u using PC or Mac? U can only use windows or Linux. If windows go to my computer and double click ur USB ports till u find one that shows folders in it. It'll have android and a recovery folder in it(among a couple others). That is ur drive u need to extract cwm directly into.

Last edited:

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
when you mount it, it gives you access to the sdcard on the gtablet. when it says unmount the devices sdcard is accessed and you move the unzipped rom to the gtab, as well as your kernel you want to use. then unmount to turn usb port back off and install zip from sdcard. ive flashed four different roms and this is how i did it.

jjewell

Apr 26, 2011
ok i got everything working. the tablet still wouldn't read the sd card in clockwork mod so i loaded the rom file from my pc directly to the tablet and then followed all the other steps and it worked like a charm.

OregonJim

Apr 4, 2011
If you can boot into CWR by using the Power & Volume +, try to make a backup of your system. If all that works you know its good.

I am having the same problem. My system has 3588 tnt on it, and I get the installation animation as well. When I reboot pressing power and vol+, it just does the same thing. Every time.

Am I supposed to remove the sd card?

Thanks for all your great work!

Jim

glen42744

May 20, 2011
Well I hope somebody comes up with a new loader that will work with the 4349 loader. I tried the 4349 downgrade and that didn't work, kind of worried about using nvflash, I use to hack and flash modems but not sure about this
will keep checking post and hope for the best

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Roebeet did release a new version of NVFlash that is 4349, and installs the new CWR. That is what I am running now, works a treat.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

glen42744

May 20, 2011
Roebeet did release a new version of NVFlash that is 4349, and installs the new CWR. That is what I am running now, works a treat.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Ok will give it a try, where did you find it??? will try and google and see if I can find it but would appreciate the link, thanks

ops8888

May 28, 2011
Hi everyone, I just got my g tab and am trying to get the clockworkmod to work. It looks like it installed and it shows the recovery key thing when I hold the on and + buttons but I caqn't get it to go into the full mode. Still looks like it is trying to download when I start up as well. I have read these directions and followed all of them. Even watched a YouTube and did it right along with it. I have done this from both the SD card and internal. What am I doing wrong. Sorry to be such a nooby about all of this...just want to have all of the fun you guys are!!

Debbie

UPDATE: It took a couple of days but I finally figured out what I did wrong and now have it running!!! Very happy about that! Now I am trying to figure out the Market thing!

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2011
Ok, I have seen variations of this problem a few times, but I can't seem to get it fixed. I got my G-tablet this morning, and installed clockwork (by luck I am now thinking) and started trying different roms. It was all going fine til I tried one of the vegan roms, and it just rebooted itself to the stock rom. I have tried opening it through cw, but it says "detect a recovery key pressed" with "booting recovery kernal image" underneath it on the bird screen. It then has the download looking box for a second, then boots into stock rom. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling cw, but the same keeps happening. I have even done the factory data reset with the same result. I either need a better reboot to stock to start over, or someone to walk me thru this on messenger (yahoo, msn, fb) any takers? I am really sorry if it seems like this is redundant, but I have tried everything in this thread twice. I am pretty techno-challenged so I will appreciate any help. Thanks.

Edit: I just got done doing the nvflash full restore. I then did the 3588 update. It seemed to run through ok, but I still had all my aps and am getting the same "booting recovery kernal image" under the recovery key message when I try to boot into clockwork. Any ideas??????

Edit: I think I figured it out by following the first post here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1058649

Last edited:

soltner59

Apr 24, 2011
Tried to install rom but I'm confused about step 3, I copied tnt lite to a folder I created called rom and the file had .rar file ext. Got through to step 5 of flash the rom. Got a message, folder empty. Restarted and renamed file to zip. Started up, got to step 5 of flash the rom. Message was no could not install. I think step 3 of copy the file to rom folder is my problem.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Tried to install rom but I'm confused about step 3, I copied tnt lite to a folder I created called rom and the file had .rar file ext. Got through to step 5 of flash the rom. Got a message, folder empty. Restarted and renamed file to zip. Started up, got to step 5 of flash the rom. Message was no could not install. I think step 3 of copy the file to rom folder is my problem.

Your error was highlighted in RED.
Need to UNRAR the file. Use unrar for windows, or 7-zip (Wise Downloads - The Smartest Place to Find your Free Software)
The zip file after unrar'ed is what you want.

Dave,