Huawei - Ideos 7" Tablet S7 Just showed up on Best Buy's site

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlovejr

Nov 13, 2010
in the right hand corner on the home screen there is an exclamation icon click on that after you have tethered your tablet and there will be in the notification area a place to mount or unmount your sd cards hope this helps

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
Check apn?

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:[email protected]
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank

Thanks for your suggestion. No luck. Even voice is not working. I even echanged the device thinking maybe the radio was bad, but still no luck. Can't beleive I would have 2 faulty devices. Any other suggestions?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Try a different BB store stock and maybe you won't have that issue?

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
Try a different BB store stock and maybe you won't have that issue?
Well that was exactly what I did. Same city though. So I take it that folks have got AT&T 3G to work. When I check the status in about tablet it identifies everything, like my phone number, the netwrok type etc. but has a disconnected ststus. I will keep looking.

Thanks

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
I'll go check it out myself. What type of CPU is in this puppy?

Snapdragon QSD 8250 @ 768
You can root it with Androot and overclock it. Should be capable of 1ghz. I have tried it over 800mhz without problems.

esource2000

Nov 13, 2010
Xaueious,

I purchased the S7 yesterday from Best Buy for $299. and was really jazzed over all of the capabilities for the price.
I struggled all day with A T & T and Huawei Tech. support to get 3G working but the phone worked OK.
The Best Buy and A T & T stores were of no help. Huawei led me to the APN setting problem.
A T & T gave me the wrong settings.
Yours works great!
I was getting ready to throw unit accross the room.
Thanks for the help!
I will pass this along.

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
Xaueious,

I purchased the S7 yesterday from Best Buy for $299. and was really jazzed over all of the capabilities for the price.
I struggled all day with A T & T and Huawei Tech. support to get 3G working but the phone worked OK.
The Best Buy and A T & T stores were of no help. Huawei led me to the APN setting problem.
A T & T gave me the wrong settings.
Yours works great!
I was getting ready to throw unit accross the room.
Thanks for the help!
I will pass this along.

Glad you got it going. I am still struggling with it. So how did you get the APN to stick. I hit save and it just goes back to the APN screen and doesn't seem to add anything. I got it tethered to my phone but would love to get the SIM working right on the device.

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
OK I now at least got the APN to stick after a complete reset. Still no voice or data. I might drive down to another city and get it from another BB. Really like everything about this device.

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
Thanks to all for their suggestions. I did go and exchange it one more time from another store 45 miles away. Everything works now! As they say "third time is the charm":)

fishy

Aug 2, 2010
Way to go shanksv. Glad it is working.

I tried my T-Mo sim card but nothing. I didn't play with any other settings so I will wait till I can find something about their settings or go exchange it like you did.

I am really liking it for what I want to do except now I have to learn about encoding dvd's and that seems to be all over the map. Using handbrake now and it seems to be working but looks like it will take a really long time to it.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
Way to go shanksv. Glad it is working.

I tried my T-Mo sim card but nothing. I didn't play with any other settings so I will wait till I can find something about their settings or go exchange it like you did.

I am really liking it for what I want to do except now I have to learn about encoding dvd's and that seems to be all over the map. Using handbrake now and it seems to be working but looks like it will take a really long time to it.

am told that TMobile 2G works on this;

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
What app did you use to overclock your tablet? And what settings do you have it overclocked at? Thanks
I have been using the overclock widget from the market place. I cannot get it to stick above 768 though. I got it to show 800 but it won't stay. I also tried setCPU but you need a text file created for it to overclock I have not figured out how do that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.