Huawei S7 Slips into BestBuy for $299 Now - Best Bang-for-Buck Data Capable Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by xaueious, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ainyul

ainyul Member

^out for delivery, cant wait to try this out...!!

BTW, any new info on Froyo updates?

2. lchen5

lchen5 Member

I have pretty much feel the same about this.
    The touch screen on S7 is not that responsive at all, plus S7 is much heavy than
    Samsung one. Samsung one is nice but its price is just too high. As expensive as
    iPad. The only thing that I don't like iPad is missing USB host, but it has much smooth
    UI and better screen.

Huawei first needs to replace S7 touch screen before doing anything if they are
    serious about the tablet market. By looking at 7" one. I just feel it's not practical
    to use it as phone. Now I am thinking about to get 5" all in one devices(phone, GPS, and tablet) that I can carry it always.

3. Mozzer

Mozzer Member

Keep us updated. This was another one that I was interested in, but they were sold out at the store and I hate waiting for their super slow media mail site to store get it to me. I know that I am so impatient but I don't want to wait up to 2.5 weeks just to return it for a refund if I don't like it or it is a total dud.

4. Comacine

Comacine Member

Tablet / Device:
    Haipad 701, iPad
    I spent some time on this at Best Buy today, but it was sitting next to the Samsung Galaxy Tab, so my experience was pretty much biased by the capacitive glass screen, super-fast-response Galaxy. The Huawei's "squishy", slow screen was not in the same class, but hey, neither is the price.

5. charles

charles Member

Tablet / Device:
    G1
    I purchased one today from BB. I immediately put in a sim card from tmobile and had a fully functioning phone. It comes with the Android Market installed. My initial impression is that it handles mot tasks as well as the G1 and a similar screen.
    For $300 you get:

1. A fully functioning unlocked phone with apps and data access.
    2. The ability to install any apps you want.
    3. Full GPS and it works with all maps available on the market.
    4. No Contract with a carrier needed. Just pull the sim card out of your tmobile or att phone and install in this one.
    5. Half the price of the Galaxy Tab, the only other choice available

What you don't get:
    1. Flash
    2 Capacitive screen

What other smart phones are available "unlocked and without contract" in this price range?
    All in all this is a remarkable product for the money.

6. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    It's an amazing deal.

Adobe Flash is coming with a later OS update. Or if enough people care, building the ROM from scratch isn't impossible.