i need help...

sos123

Nov 25, 2015
My Acer tablets keeps shutting down and i can't go in it..... I think because I overcharged it. What do I do??..:(:(:(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

This would be the first time I ever heard a complaint or issue with overcharging. I have my doubts about that being the problem. Can you get it to work at all? It sounds more like a dead battery or a bad charger.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The immediate shut downs are because the battery doesn't have enough energy, rather than having too much. Lithium batteries have internal circuitry designed to prevent overcharging. If this circuitry failed the results would be quite explosive, so it definitely isn't an overcharged battery.

Assuming this tablet charges through the USB port, plug the tablet into the USB port on your PC while the computer is running and leave it for several hours. Disconnect and try powering the tablet up. If you get it to stay on more than a few seconds your charger has gone bad. Otherwise it's the battery.

sos123

Nov 25, 2015
No, I cannot even go on it because it always restart and I took your advice but still does not work.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Then you have a bad battery or other problem. The tablet needs to be serviced.