Ibex Facepad (hope this is the right place to post)

hazi1964

May 28, 2011
I searched and couldn't find anything about the Ibex Facepad, the results that came up were all for the Flytouch so I hope I am posting in the right place.

I am hoping to get this tablet next month and wonder if anybody has it and can tell me their opinion of it? I'm interested to know how much battery life you get too with moderate use.

The link for the one I am looking at is here
Ok, it seems I cannot post a link to the site so if anybody can help on that I would appreciate it.

I may actually get the 16gb, not sure yet.

Thank you in advance
Alison

JoeFlorida

Aug 16, 2011
I am also deciding between the IBEX FacePad (FP) and Flytouch 3 (FT3). The FP is the next gen of the two units with a newer firmware 9v motherboard. Basic differences:
FP has more durable and better looking case with black back (FT3 has silver back).
FP has slightly better screen response.
FP has slightly better speakers.
Both now have Flash 10.1.
Battery specs on FT3 are better -- FT3 - 8000 mah (5v) vs. FP - 6400 mah (9v). However, IBEX claims that the battery life is similar because of the voltage differences.
Reports from users that the FP does not have a vibration feature despite that it is advertised on the website.

Please let me know if you decided to buy the FP. Thanks.

JoeFlorida

Aug 16, 2011
I personally went with the 32gb iBex Flytouch3. The iBex Facepad is really pretty aesthetically though and the louder speakers are a plus.

If I could do it again, i would get the newly released IBEX Flytouch4 Multi-Touch Tablet with built-in 3g: Flytouch 4 Adds Multi-Touch, Built-in 3g, Crushes Zenithink E98 ZT-180 III

It also depends on your budget though as well. The capactive is a bit more.

Any specific reasons why you went with the FT3 instead of the FP? I am leaning to the FP because supposedly the new motherboard is better, although I still have concerns with the unconfirmed battery life and it currently lacks o/s mods that the FT3 has.