ICS for Acer Iconia A500

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Still waiting for the upgrade from HC 3.2.1 to ICS 4.0.1 on my A500. Does anyone have any official news from Acer ?

FarmerTed

May 14, 2011
I downloaded and updated last night, however now my A500 reboots whenever it tries connecting to wifi. Ugh.

FarmerTed

May 14, 2011
Looks the same?! Maybe you need glasses. ;)

I did a factory reset and my wifi crashing the tablet problem is gone.

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
Updated, disabled stuff I don't want although I checked first to see what the app actually was. One I can't find is called Keyring. Shows up in Manage Apps, but no where else.
What is it and what's it supposed to do?

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
weezyrider said:
Updated, disabled stuff I don't want although I checked first to see what the app actually was. One I can't find is called Keyring. Shows up in Manage Apps, but no where else.
What is it and what's it supposed to do?
It is suppose to allow you to place your apps in the ring for easy access. I have not seen the ring yet except when I first updated and now don't have any idea where it went. Hope that helps you out.

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
Saw a rumor that the ring is supposed to become a Play/Market app. I don't particularly want the ring, but keyring did come in with the upgrade, so Acer must be planning on doing something with it.

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
I hane not seen much difference except battery levels seem to keep higher then before. I really would like to get back to the honeycomb 3.2.1 but i have not been able to get it to fevert back. I tried to erace everything to restore it but it just won't happen. This tablet has not been rooted and don't wish to since all works well. Just can't seem to go back to honeycomb. Does anybody have any reason why this happens? I just can't figure it out. Have tried 3 or 4 times..
Thanks

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi dave, once you update you can't go back unless you want to get into rooting and custom ROMs etc. There are ways to do it but nothing official.