JB kernel Source

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
That's great news. Is there an informative thread somewhere regarding development? I notice none in the development forum.

I realise you are a busy man but If you get a chance to look at the tegra gpu that would be great. I notice some stutter from higher end games sometimes which sounds similar to the one x issue. It would make our tablets fly!

The A2109 has very little overhead due to thermal issues. At least with the CPUs you can lower the voltage. I've seen no examples of this for the GPU.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

ILMostro7

May 3, 2013
linaro toolchains are more up to date, they use 4.7 gcc, they have a lot of optimize flags, and tweaks, you get more from the toolchain when you compile android then you get from just the kernel, but even at kernel level the kernels perform better than google compiler, I think google is switching to linaro toolchains anyway. Linaro Toolchain Being Merged To Android (AOSP) And CyanogenMod - AndroidPIT

Thanks a lot for sharing that link; a lot of informative stuff on there pertaining to Kernel Optimization...just wanted to point it out again, for others who have similar questions as Andreas and, ultimately, I had.

In terms of the toolchain, I see you're a self-proclaimed "Linux Guy", therefore, I have to ask what distro you're running. I'm on Fedora18 (64-bit), and its repos offer the "gcc-arm-linux-gnu.x86_64" package, which shows the 4.7.2 version on the "current" release cycle; though, I see now that as of March 22nd, 2013, the 4.8.0 version of gcc is out. Anyway, given that you said the "Linaro" toolchain uses (**used?**) the same version of gcc that's offered through the Fedora repos, would it be a major hurdle--or even possible--to pass the same flags during the build-process using the gcc-arm-linux-gnu compiler as the Linaro guys? Especially since I see that the ARM guys are somewhat cooperating with GNU on developing stable support for ARM architecture. Otherwise, do you have any pointers on setting up the Linaro toolchain, or even a link to the most current version? thanks

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011