Keeps prompting for shut down

Boolanger

Apr 23, 2012
Say I just got my ZT280 upgrade model a few days ago. The 1st day or 2 it work great, lag in some areas but nothing unexpected. For the last 2 days it seems if I use it for more then 30min or so the Tablet will start freaking out.
It will first turn off the screen, then it will turn on again and prompt to shut down, this will repeat with varying frequencies. Some time I don't have enough time to hit ok to shut down while others it may be 20sec or so. The touch screen is responsive during this time but the power button is not.
If i do select to shut it down it will shut down but then boot up again and the issue continues.

Anyone have any Ideas ? it I can provide any information to assist I will. As i would really like this tablet to work.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Boolanger

Apr 23, 2012
It does seem that I did have the latest version install. I went through and did this last night but it is still having the issue.

benadlam

May 6, 2012
How did you check? If you look like on a phone for updates it always says latest installed. But if you go on the zenithink website thrtr may be a newer version if you've never done it since owning.

Boolanger

Apr 23, 2012
Sorry for not being specific. I had downloaded and installed the firmware last night. It seemed to go fine, But the build didn't change. and when i check the txt file in mnt/flash it is blank.

benadlam

May 6, 2012
I've never looked to check mine tbh and the missus is on it at the moment, i could definitely tell it'd been updated tho. It worked better!

I had a problem with mine once the kids used it and pressed the power button to make it sleep, leaving everything still running, it didn't want to come out of sleep and I had to stab the reset hole to fire it back up, but I used set cpu app to increase the minimum frequency of the cpu up a stage, and check it to performance in the governer setting rather than conservative that it's pre set to. Never had the problem since!

Boolanger

Apr 23, 2012
Just checked, my text file is there, but blank. Is it supposed to be? Lol
From what i have read, it should contain build version(?) like the sticker H1-1a h1_1n or whatever it is.

The shutting down seems to be getting worse. Only used the tablet for about 10min last night before it started freaking out. This time after a shut-down when it restarted it could find the users data so it required me to reset the tablet to factory default. So then I just plugged it in to leave it charge and it just kept reboot every now and again.