Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I can send SMS using Messaging but what if I want to include a photo? I can go to Share in Gallery but there’s no Picture Messaging.

Some may ask why do I want to send a Picture Message when I can send an email? But I want to text someone a photo as they don’t have email on their phone. Is this possible?

Yeah.....as long as you have a data plan. Keep in mind the type of phone they are using as some phones hardware is weak and can only accept a certain size picture or file size.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Hi tobyw01, you can send me that rom.img that you extract from mmcblk0??
I will try check somethings about file structure.

It will have to wait until the weekend. But I will get it for you. I tried it for mmcblk0 and mmcblk1 and got file sizes for both files but they were empty when I tried to open them. I'm not sure whats causing the problem.

matusalens

Jul 9, 2011
It will have to wait until the weekend. But I will get it for you. I tried it for mmcblk0 and mmcblk1 and got file sizes for both files but they were empty when I tried to open them. I'm not sure whats causing the problem.

I think if try mount on linux, will be have some files.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Sent my tablet out for repair 46 days ago and finally it shipped today, Merimobiles has taken there sweet ass time and they have terrible communications.

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
I dont think it matters, the versions are 1.1, 1.2 and 1.5 so I think 1.5 would be the latest and greatest.

Hi - thanks for the reply. I don't see a 1.5 on the FTP site. The one I was planning on installing was "M.EI60M1201.V1.2". Also there are other files included "super_upgrade" and "Busybox". What should I do ? Seeing Busybox makes me think that this device might be able to be rooted?

Any insight would be great.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Hi - thanks for the reply. I don't see a 1.5 on the FTP site. The one I was planning on installing was "M.EI60M1201.V1.2". Also there are other files included "super_upgrade" and "Busybox". What should I do ? Seeing Busybox makes me think that this device might be able to be rooted?

Any insight would be great.

Do you think we just extract the whole file to the extsd ?

Never mind. I was able to get it to load the zip file. I used the M.EI60M1201.V1.2.zip. Its in progress now so I will let you know how it turns out.

Last edited:

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
So far it is running good, 3G is okay for now. Says Android 2.3.3 Model T60. There is 1mobile, AndroidPit app center and Market installed. Also, Skype Hi MSN, myspace, twitter and a few more apps. Tunein app for local radio is awesome. This is a must upgrade. Its faster and smoother.

Last edited:

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
So far it is running good, 3G is okay for now. Says Android 2.3.3 Model T60. There is 1mobile, AndroidPit app center and Market installed. Also, Skype Hi MSN, myspace, twitter and a few more apps. Tunein app for local radio is awesome. This is a must upgrade. Its faster and smoother.

Yes very nice upgrade.

Only thing is that I've never bothered to back up my apps as they've always been accessible once I signed into my account - not any more they're not!

Also, I see ThinkFree Office is installed but has anyone used QuickOffice?

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Yes very nice upgrade.

Only thing is that I've never bothered to back up my apps as they've always been accessible once I signed into my account - not any more they're not!

Also, I see ThinkFree Office is installed but has anyone used QuickOffice?

I used QuickOffice on my Hero Phone, its okay. I always use Titanium Backup and ES file explorer to backup all my apps locally, next time give it a try. All my purchased apps show up in the Market.

Last edited:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Do you think we just extract the whole file to the extsd ?

Never mind. I was able to get it to load the zip file. I used the M.EI60M1201.V1.2.zip. Its in progress now so I will let you know how it turns out.

ftp://203.156.192.125/I200/I201/ <----------link

I do not know if this is for kinpad i600 it is inside of I200/I201 Directory. The firmware is listed as v1.5 on the same ftp server. There are no release notes.

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
I don't suppose anyone would like to venture a guess what the differences between I60MA and I60MB would be.