Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

Jan 4, 2011
hey! thanks for the intructions, though i am having a problem... u see.. everything is going well till i reach to type in ADB shell, in the command promnt.. it says not found.. i have done everything i can, to find a another way.. i currently have windows 7 professional X64, so could you please help me? also.. do u know any site where they might have videoed the entire procedure to root your tablet.. that would be helpful also! thx in adv

trthskr4

Dec 23, 2010
For everyone having issues with Windows 7 and adb shell... I have had no issues with this at all so I'll post my procedures for getting in. Edit: I am running W7 x64.

I single click on my Android SDK Tools folder in "Programs" menu, right click "SDK Manager" and select "Run as Administrator" (alternatively you change the properties of the shortcut to alway run in Administrator mode). Then I open a command prompt and paste in my path to the adb.exe (because I cheated and made a Notebook file with the path to my "Platform-Tools" folder but added "cd (space)" in front of it. When the prompt shows the folder where adb.exe is located then type "adb shell", "su", then run any further commands. I sure hope this helps some other folks. As I say, it works for me every time without fail. As long as the tablet is connected and set up for usb debugging and the syntax is correct in the commands.

Last edited:

trthskr4

Dec 23, 2010
Anyone else's tablet freezing up when attempting a backup using CM? Mine gets to varying points of the backup process (currently "Backing up data..." then 111) and just stops and is totally unresponsive.

bluebell

Jan 3, 2011
Hi,

I am attempting to root my Kyros with the instructions using the Terminal Emulator as posted by dinocajic on page 12 of this thread.
I think everything was successful, up to Part 4 (installing google market), step 5-6. I can key all of the commands, but when the
device attempts to reboot, it freezes on a screen with the triange, exclamation point and little green man. I have to do a reset to get
the thing to come on again. Can someone kindly advise what could have happened? I am thinking that I may do a factory reset, and try the whole process again. Is that a good idea? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks.

Phishhead

Jan 2, 2011
I just wanted to thank this community for the great instructions. I did my research before buying the coby and the How-to for rooting and getting CM google market installed. It took less than an hr with a few hiccups because I downloaded the SDK-r08 and had to tweak a few of the instructions since the file path and few dll's are named different. I would recommend reading this whole thread before attempting to root your tablet. I have been lurking on the forum for a few days and it seems most people's frustrations are user error not the hardware.

aceisback

Jan 5, 2011
I have successfully rooted and performed all the mods without any problems. I did the firmware update before I performed all the mods. The firmware update was supposed to fix the reversed accelerometer axis issue with games like Raging Thunder 2. Anyway, my accelerometer is still reversed in Raging Thunder. Can the firmware update be reloaded without wiping out the mods or is there any further info on the accelerometer issue?

Thanks!

dyoung111

Dec 30, 2010
Hi,

I'm attempting to download the files required for rooting mentioned in this thread- the zroot file and terminal emulator came down quick- the others are taking a looooong time- is that normal?

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
I installed the modified update and now the official is uninstalled. I re-rooted and reinstalled clockwork but when I try to go back into recovery It just gives me the Triangle with the exclamation point unless I re flash the img.

Also I cannot use widgets

Last edited:

jbaird

Jan 1, 2011
I also have a Win 7 64 bit system, and I was able to install the driver, but I hadn't read your post, so I installed the "Android Composite ADB" Interface, which doesn't work. Another problem I has was that the only problem is that the "android-sdk-r07-windows.zip " file was replaced by the "android-sdk-r08-windows.zip" which doesn't include the driver file. Somewhere I found a file addition that contains the correct driver, but I can't seem to locate it again. (Like an Idiot, I deleted it when I reinstalled the package. Does anyone know where the fix for the r08 file is located?

Thanks, Joel,

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
To fix the recovery issue you have to rename /etc/install-recovery.sh to something else. That script restores the stock recovery on every boot.

chexsquad

Jan 6, 2011
@dinocajic:
when i reboot recovery at the very end, it wont reboot in the ClockworkMod. it just reboots to an error...that Triangle with the exclamation point. any idea what is going on. everything else was great up until the very end

chexsquad

Jan 6, 2011
nevermind....i backtracked. the steps were missing this one crucial bit: 5. Type flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img and press enter.
-- Make sure that you pay attention to the spaces: There's a space before and after the word recovery.

6. Type reboot recovery and press enter.

dyoung111

Dec 30, 2010
Hi, Having a bit of a problem. I'm trying to install the recovery file after rooting my kyros. I've placed the recovery.img file on the root of my sd card. When I try to install the recovery file from file manager, i get an error message saying"file type img not found". What do I do?