Le Pan II at Amazon

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Well that didn't take long. Amazon is taking orders for the Le Pan II !!!! This one runs Honeycomb and presumably would be upgradable to ICS since it has a dual core processor and 8 GB of internal storage. If anyone else has been lurking on the xda-developers forum, the tablet was talked about as being available around mid-December to early January. The "insider" claimed it as being a souped-up TC970.

Amazon shows it as temporarily out of stock. Nevertheless, I just ordered it. I will let you all know when I hear back from Amazon on a potential ship date. Excited to be the guinea-pig. I have zero experience with Honeycomb so I will be looking for help.

Amazon.com: Le Pan II (9.7-Inch Screen) Tablet - Black: Computers & Accessories

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
Thanks for being our guinea pig, Frank! I am still deciding if I should return my tablet and wait for the second version. I have until Jan. 31st to return so I hope you get yours before then! Hopefully, they fixed the menu buttons that don't light up in dim light. Now that I figured out my wifi problem, that's my biggest beef!

pimptonTN

Dec 15, 2011
I bought the Le Pan TC970 for my wife for Christmas. I am thinking about sending it back to get the Le Pan II or the Lenovo IdeaPad K1. I am not sure if I should get the Le Pan II (Amazon.com: Le Pan II (9.7-Inch Screen) Tablet - Black: Computers & Accessories) or Lenovo IdeaPad K1 ( Newegg.com - lenovo IdeaPad K1 (130422U) Tablet - Black NVIDIA Tegra 2 1.00GHz 10.1" 1GB LPDDR2 Memory LPDDR2 600MHz 32GB Flash NVIDIA ULP GeForce) both are $299.00. I am thinking about sending it back to get the Le Pan II or the Lenovo IdeaPad K1. Any suggestions?

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
Wow, I guess pre-ordering the Le Pan II for $262.50 was a bargain if $299 is its normal price. It might be $269.99 at Best Buy when they get some.
I would stick to the Le Pan mostly because I really like the 4:3 screen ratio better for everything I use a tablet for. If you watch movies, the widescreen ratio of the K1 might be desirable, but I usually save those for my big TV or projector.

mrmisty

Dec 15, 2011
Wow, I guess pre-ordering the Le Pan II for $262.50 was a bargain if $299 is its normal price. It might be $269.99 at Best Buy when they get some.
I would stick to the Le Pan mostly because I really like the 4:3 screen ratio better for everything I use a tablet for. If you watch movies, the widescreen ratio of the K1 might be desirable, but I usually save those for my big TV or projector.

I wish I had pre-ordered the Le Pan II when it was $262.50. I see Amazon jacked it up to $299 recently. However, I think the $299 is not its normal price. Previously, it was showing a $269.99 list price with a 3% discount, which was the $262.50 figure. My guess is that maybe the price will go back down to $269.99 at some point, and perhaps with some percentage off the $269.99 as well.

mrmisty

Dec 15, 2011
I bought the Le Pan TC970 for my wife for Christmas. I am thinking about sending it back to get the Le Pan II or the Lenovo IdeaPad K1.I am not sure if I should get the Le Pan II (Amazon.com: Le Pan II (9.7-Inch Screen) Tablet - Black: Computers & Accessories) or Lenovo IdeaPad K1 ( Newegg.com - lenovo IdeaPad K1 (130422U) Tablet - Black NVIDIA Tegra 2 1.00GHz 10.1" 1GB LPDDR2 Memory LPDDR2 600MHz 32GB Flash NVIDIA ULP GeForce) both are $299.00. I am thinking about sending it back to get the Le Pan II or the Lenovo IdeaPad K1. Any suggestions?

Well, I think it comes down to what you're looking to do with tablet. If you plan on watching a lot of movies with the tablet, I think the 10.1" wide screen tablet would be the way to go. However, if movie watching is not that important to you, then I say go for the 4:3 aspect ratio tablet. That, in my opinion, is more suited for reading magazines, comic books, books, and the like.

I have played with the Le Pan for a bit and thought it was a really good tablet. And spec wise, the Le Pan II, which looks like it will be coming out in the next few weeks, is a big improvement over the Le Pan I. The II has double the DDR memory, quadruple the flash memory, a more up to date android OS, and a dual core processor compared to the single core processor of the I.

If you like the Le Pan I, then keep it as a gift for your wife as it's a fine tablet. And then simply get the Le Pan II for you when it comes out. :)

LePanIIforme

Dec 16, 2011
Amazon just marked the Le Pan II back down to $262.15 today, 12/16/2011!!! I'm going to order mine right now. Walmart lost my TC-970 in shipping. Good thing because now I'm going to get this and just joined this forum. I read a couple of places it would be available 12/15 but that has come and gone, hope it is soon.:D

pimptonTN

Dec 15, 2011
Well, I think it comes down to what you're looking to do with tablet. If you plan on watching a lot of movies with the tablet, I think the 10.1" wide screen tablet would be the way to go. However, if movie watching is not that important to you, then I say go for the 4:3 aspect ratio tablet. That, in my opinion, is more suited for reading magazines, comic books, books, and the like.

I have played with the Le Pan for a bit and thought it was a really good tablet. And spec wise, the Le Pan II, which looks like it will be coming out in the next few weeks, is a big improvement over the Le Pan I. The II has double the DDR memory, quadruple the flash memory, a more up to date android OS, and a dual core processor compared to the single core processor of the I.

If you like the Le Pan I, then keep it as a gift for your wife as it's a fine tablet. And then simply get the Le Pan II for you when it comes out. :)

Thanks for the Feedback. I decided to send the Le Pan I back. I pre-ordered the Lepan II at amazon for $262.15 for myself and purchased the Lenovo 32GB 10.1" IdeaPad Tablet K1 for $299.99 for my wife.

noto

Mar 4, 2011
Looks like a really nice tablet for the price. Time to replace my Coby KYROS 7015! Does this have HDMI out? If not, is there any other way to connect it to a TV?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
It's back to 262.00 right now. Was 299 last night.

I'll say this...right now, my TC970 is doing everything I want it to perfectly (hell, I just got it), and haven't had a second of trouble with it. But, should I need to upgrade in the near future for anything, I'll be going with this one, bet on that!

mrmisty

Dec 15, 2011
Amazon just marked the Le Pan II back down to $262.15 today, 12/16/2011!!! I'm going to order mine right now. Walmart lost my TC-970 in shipping. Good thing because now I'm going to get this and just joined this forum. I read a couple of places it would be available 12/15 but that has come and gone, hope it is soon.:D

Nice, I saw the updated price this morning as well and put in the pre-order as well. It seems prices on some things at Amazon go up and down like the stock market.

Earlier in the month I had called Le Pan customer service and asked when the II would be coming out. The gentleman on the phone said it would be out in the first quarter of 2012, and then he said "or between mid-late December." I hope it's the latter.

mrmisty

Dec 15, 2011
Thanks for the Feedback. I decided to send the Le Pan I back. I pre-ordered the Lepan II at amazon for $262.15 for myself and purchased the Lenovo 32GB 10.1" IdeaPad Tablet K1 for $299.99 for my wife.

I think you made the right call. I recall Amazon was selling the I for $199 recently, and now you can get the II from them for only $63 more. That's kind of a no-brainer right there.

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
Nice, I saw the updated price this morning as well and put in the pre-order as well. It seems prices on some things at Amazon go up and down like the stock market.

Earlier in the month I had called Le Pan customer service and asked when the II would be coming out. The gentleman on the phone said it would be out in the first quarter of 2012, and then he said "or between mid-late December." I hope it's the latter.

From what I've heard elsewhere, it'll be closer to February before Amazon ships the Le Pan II...