Le Pan II at Amazon

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
I think you made the right call. I recall Amazon was selling the I for $199 recently, and now you can get the II from them for only $63 more. That's kind of a no-brainer right there.

Is it a no-brainer? My wife couldn't decide if she wanted to buy the TC970 for $199 now, or pre-order the Le Pan II. We couldn't think of anything she would need dual core and 1GB of RAM for that she couldn't do with the 970, so we just opted to save the $63. Was it a bad choice? We both have single-core Droid Incredibles which aren't even as good as the 970 and there's not really anything we can't do on them vs my dual core TP running CM7.1.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Is it a no-brainer? My wife couldn't decide if she wanted to buy the TC970 for $199 now, or pre-order the Le Pan II. We couldn't think of anything she would need dual core and 1GB of RAM for that she couldn't do with the 970, so we just opted to save the $63. Was it a bad choice? We both have single-core Droid Incredibles which aren't even as good as the 970 and there's not really anything we can't do on them vs my dual core TP running CM7.1.

I don't think it is a bad choice. There will always be another latest and greatest and you can wait forever. If you are happy with the I then no need for the II and you can start the III fund with the savings you already have in your pocket :)

iamtribble

Dec 8, 2011
I am on the fence, I still have a few weeks to return my 970 but looking at the pix of the 979, I am not sure I like not having hard menu buttons and the ones on screen look kinda wonky to me?

But then again on the other hand, at least I will be able to find the menu buttons in the dark ;)

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
I don't think it is a bad choice. There will always be another latest and greatest and you can wait forever. If you are happy with the I then no need for the II and you can start the III fund with the savings you already have in your pocket :)

Just got the I today, and I really like it! It does seem plenty fast enough, so no regrets at the moment. My wife loves it.

I am on the fence, I still have a few weeks to return my 970 but looking at the pix of the 979, I am not sure I like not having hard menu buttons and the ones on screen look kinda wonky to me?

But then again on the other hand, at least I will be able to find the menu buttons in the dark ;)

Yeah, it runs Honeycomb which I think always has those onscreen buttons, so that's probably why they didn't bother with the hard buttons.

noto

Mar 4, 2011
I went ahead and pre ordered it via Amazon yesterday for $262. People are saying that it will not ship until Q1 2012. That should give me enough time in case the Asus Transformer goes down to around $300 due to the Prime coming out soon. I like the Le Pan specs alot. The only downside for me is the extra $40 for the 30 pin to HDMI adapter. I may not use it much, but it's nice to have the HDMI capability. I have a Coby 7015 and I've probably only used the HDMI feature about 5-6 times this past year for YouTube and Pandora. Oh and a front facing camera would put it on par with the other tablets. Again, it's not necessary but it's nice to have just in case.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
I called Le Pan's customer service today to find out an updated expected release date of the II and was told early January.

Thanks for the update mrmisty. Early January is not far away but I am itching to get this new tablet. As difficult as it is to wait...it is refreshing to see a company do things the right way and not push out thousands of piles of trash for the Christmas rush. I hope this extra time is being used polishing the new system and working out the major bugs. The minor flaws will always be there....but that is what this community is for !!!

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
Thanks for the update mrmisty. Early January is not far away but I am itching to get this new tablet. As difficult as it is to wait...it is refreshing to see a company do things the right way and not push out thousands of piles of trash for the Christmas rush. I hope this extra time is being used polishing the new system and working out the major bugs. The minor flaws will always be there....but that is what this community is for !!!

I have a feeling "early January" might turn out to be "late March" yet... they were talking about the tablet being ready for end of November/beginning of December before...

It would be nice if it was shipping before January 31st, though... I could still return my TC970.

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Well folks....looks like I won't get to be the guinea pig on the Le Pan II. I cancelled my Amazon order when the company I work for told me that they ordered me an iPad 2. I love the company I work for but this is the last straw....just kidding. Hard to say no to that, I absolutely love Android and was looking forward to my next adventure with Honeycomb and then ICS. Well, I'll still be around because the wife has her 970 that she is crazy for.... Still can't wait to hear the reviews when the II ships.

mrmisty

Dec 15, 2011
Well folks....looks like I won't get to be the guinea pig on the Le Pan II. I cancelled my Amazon order when the company I work for told me that they ordered me an iPad 2. I love the company I work for but this is the last straw....just kidding. Hard to say no to that, I absolutely love Android and was looking forward to my next adventure with Honeycomb and then ICS. Well, I'll still be around because the wife has her 970 that she is crazy for.... Still can't wait to hear the reviews when the II ships.

Nice, dude...a free Ipad 2? Ya can't beat that with a stick!

I still have my order in for the Le Pan II, and plan on posting a review when the II ships.

roleme

Jan 3, 2012
I called Le Pan's customer service today to find out an updated expected release date of the II and was told early January.

It's already early January and no news from le pan. I'm thinking about cancelling my order from amazon. I'd rather buy one of new ICS tablets from china

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
It's already early January and no news from le pan. I'm thinking about cancelling my order from amazon. I'd rather buy one of new ICS tablets from china

... I don't know why no one seemed to believe me when I said it wouldn't be until February or March until we saw the Le Pan II ship in North America... but whatever.

noto

Mar 4, 2011
I cancelled my order a few days before Christmas and purchased an Acer A500 for around $300. :)

noto

Mar 4, 2011
Bah - for that price, you could have had two Le Pans!

2 Le Pan II's? I could have sworn I pre ordered it for $262. I will check when I can, but I think you are referring to 2 Le Pan I's.