Lost Many Apps After Latest Upgrade

Ramper

Jan 25, 2012
Any one else have this problem? After upgrade strange things happened with my A500. Lost the GPS and many other apps that came with my unit. How do I get these back? Couln't find them at the App Store. I really want the GPS back...
Thanks for your help!

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
If you provide more specific information about which app(s) you are looking for someone may be able to help you find what you are looking for. There are several apps available that use the GPS receiver, for example.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It sounds to me that it was "stock" apps you are missing. Check the app drawer (in the upper right corner of the home screen) to see if they are there anywhere. Hope it was only shortcuts you lost.

karbar32

Jul 9, 2012
Strange...I lost an app too, but I didn't do any updating There's just an empty space on one of (3) tablet homescreen pages. I can't even remember what it was-I've got too many anyways. :D

Batchman

May 14, 2011
Strange...I lost an app too, but I didn't do any updating There's just an empty space on one of (3) tablet homescreen pages. I can't even remember what it was-I've got too many anyways. :D

I've had that happen. The app isn't really gone, of course, just the icon on the home screen. As far as I can see, it happens when an app gets a new icon during an update. The old one disappears from the Apps screen and the home screen, but the new one only shows up on the apps screen.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, Batchman! That's right!

All you have to do then is "tap and hold" going to the edge of the page until you get to where you want to drop it.

Up there for thinking. A +1 for Batchman.

:rolleyes:

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
After what upgrade? I haven't had or seen an upgrade or update lately.
I lost an app and when I checked on the market for it I noticed that they were charging for it and it was free when I got it.
I was wondering if somehow it was detected and deleted because they wante me to purchas it.

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
After what upgrade? I haven't had or seen an upgrade or update lately.
I lost an app and when I checked on the market for it I noticed that they were charging for it and it was free when I got it.
I was wondering if somehow it was detected and deleted because they wante me to purchas it.

That is another possiblity - of course. But when an app gets an update icon, the old gets removed and replaced with the new. If, however, you have the old icon on the homescreen, it will disappear off the homescreen but the update will not appear on the screen. One needs to go to the app list to drag and drop to the screen again.