Managing space on my 10.1

J_Waller

Nov 12, 2011
I am starting to run out of space on my "SDCard". I am looking for an app that can analyze the space on the card like many programs on the PC can. As an example, it would start at the root level and show the size of each folder and file at that level. you could burrow down to see the details at the next level, and further down. It would help me determine what is taking up the space, what can be removed and what cannot. On t he PC these are displayed as tree diagrams, or as pie charts. Anyone know of anything similar for Android?? I have searched the market place, but no luck, but I amy have been using the wrong search terms:(

Thanks,
JohnW

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I use the app "DiskUsage" for this. It is wonderful as you can drill down into your directories and see what is taking up the most space.

MARKET LINK

xxbeastxx420

Dec 24, 2011
Do you have the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 not the 10.1v and if you are how are you useing a sd card, on my galaxy tab 10.1 there is no sd card slot how are you able to use a sd card on the galaxy tab 10.1

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I think the OP is referring to the /mnt/sdcard/ directory which is the internal storage.

J_Waller

Nov 12, 2011
Do you have the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 not the 10.1v and if you are how are you useing a sd card, on my galaxy tab 10.1 there is no sd card slot how are you able to use a sd card on the galaxy tab 10.1

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

I have the Tab 10.1, true, it does not have an SD card slot, but the additional ram is viewed as an SD card as if it was built in to the system.

JohnW

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I have the Tab 10.1, true, it does not have an SD card slot, but the additional ram is viewed as an SD card as if it was built in to the system.

JohnW

It actually is SD memory built in, I believe the RAM on the 10.1 is 1gig.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

J_Waller

Nov 12, 2011
The program I have wound up using is "DiskView", unlike "DiskUsage" it uses a columnar layout which is less confusing to me. With "DiskUsage" the layout was both confusing, and you could not read the folder size once it got small enough.

Thanks for help,
Johnw