market.android.com and the gTablet

ralphtrent

Apr 14, 2011
This may be a stupid question since the market does not come on the tab, but if I put the android market on my tablet, will I be able to install apps from market.android.com to the tablet or will it not get recognized?

Obviously im a newb who expects his gTab tomorrow. :)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The ability to use market.android.com relies on the ROM that is installed on the tablet. some of them do (I can confirm VEGAn and the new CM7-based ROMs allow this.

As far as the Android Market on the GTab, it is very easy to get working fully if you read the really good sticky that Fuganator put up here.

cheers and welcome!
P

tcrews

Oct 19, 2010
Your device has to have Market access for you to use the web access.

Think of your tablet as surrounded by a moat. You have to build a bridge (google framework services) to reach the market. Now once you have that bridge built (hacking the market onto the tablet) you can send apps to your tablet via the web (a train going over the bridge) or the Market app (a car going over the bridge).

There are no heliports/airports to your tablet :)

ralphtrent

Apr 14, 2011
OK Cool, thanks for the replies. I was not sure if the device would list as a supported device since the device did not having the blessing of google (well not enough of a blessing to allow the core apps in the gTablet build).

So I guess as long as you can get to the market from your device, you should be able to get to the device from the markets web site.

Thanks all

TTTony

Apr 19, 2011
However, I have noticed that even though I can get to the market and install apps, MANY of them do not work properly. I'm not sure if this is just my problem or the larger Gtablet audience.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
TTTony, some apps will not work right on your tab, no doubt. If you have an Android phone, you will find this to be the case, as well. Most SHOULD work, though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum