Market on 2.2 Sylvania/Disco - Work In Progress

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Already installed the market; thanks a lot for all your help; Thanks Ahmed. Thanks Xi2wicked; but you forgot to mention that to copy/paste the "vending.xml to the share_pref folder you have to download a program called "AndRootFile", use the super user, then copy, paste to the designate folder and buala.... market already installed in my tablet..

Once again, thansk a lot

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Open your market, and let it fully load up. It will create the files as it loads. Then paste that file. Then cleat market cache and force stop. Clear google service frameworks data, then force stop. Reboot your tab and then voila, you have a working market :)

Here is a video of the steps detailed above. While the device is not the same the approach is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
Wow that method worked and brought all my purchased apps and everything else...wow! It even did auto updates of installed apps...Im so loving this! Thanks.

Anyone know if there is a way to get Apps2SD working on out tabs?

Last edited:

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
So do we use the video after getting the market the original way (loading the apps to system apps and doing chown root.root) or after using Xi2wiked's 2nd method for getting a market working. I ask because I did the original way and the video doesn't seam to work to get paid apps so I wanted to make sure what the problem is, my tablet or my method of getting the market.

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
So can someone summarize? How to get google app market on this tablet?
This thread started out as a work in progress, but it sounds like the problem has been solved??
But after reading though 14 pages of posts I'm a more than a little confused??

Lets assume that someone is running Android 2.2, Rooted (covered by other threads)

Now exactly what does one do to get to google app market?

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
Here is the best cut and paste summary I can come up with hope it helps.

1> What I did was copy the /data/data/com.android.vending/databases files and /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs/vending_prefrences.xml file from my phone (htc glacier/mytouch 4g) to the corosponding files on my tab, rebooted, cleared market cache, cleared google service framework data, fc'd google service framework, rebooted, and it worked.
Here is my build.prop, I hope it works. http://db.tt/30vx8Zw (from Wi2wiked, page 8 & 12 of this thread)

2> After you paste the build.prop and then restart, the market should quit force closing. If you are going to do the market install my way, just install from your SD card, don't copy it to /system/app..... if you already have the market installed in /system/app you will need to uninstall it before my method will work. Let me know if you need any more help. (again from page 12)

3> Do a factory reset. That should fix the problem (of it giving an error) (page 12)

4> /system/build.prop

Permissions: rw-r--r-- or 644
Properties: User - root Group - root (page 13)

5> Woot! Woot! Once I did the factory reset found here Apply a factory reset - (step by step with images)

Before I was just hitting the button on the back.

After the reset I had to (androot) and then install root explorer.apk

Then followed Xi2Wiked instructions on page 8 Bam! I got working market with all free apps. Your the man. Big thanks to all you guys that helped.

Thanks again Xi2Wiked

6> You copy the script to the /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs folder. Dont try to open/run it.... Open your market, and let it fully load up. It will create the files as it loads. Then paste that file. Then clear market cache and force stop. Clear google service frameworks data, then force stop. Reboot your tab and then voila, you have a working market.

(this is what did it for me, I forgot to clear the cache, one I did that it worked great)

Hope this helps.
Cindi
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/members/xi2wiked.html

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
So for clarification you have paid apps you already purchased, but you can't see any other paid apps at this time correct, ie, we don't have a truly 100% working market yet, correct?

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Jhon, the procedure seems to be a little hard, but its really easy; download the 2 files that Xi2wicked kindly upload to us, and follow the instructions, the first file is the vending.apk(market), the second file is the.xml file that needs to be replaced(hack) in order to get the market to run, also search and download a program called "androotfile" wich would allow you to copy the. xml file and paste it into the share_folder that is mentioned before, we dont have over here a right click so it has to be like i am mentioned and i did it whit that apk, the tablet of course it has to be rooted in any way (i use universal anroot), to copy/paste the. Xml file to the share_folder in you'll have to use superpower mark so you can access those folders under the data folder one on the system, believe me, it sounds a bit confusing but its really easy

Sent from my Sytabex7 a using Android Tablet Forum App

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Download the market from here http://db.tt/WkoKjgb and as soon as you get it downloaded install it straight from your sdcard. As soon as you have the market installed open it and accept the terms of service, then close it. Go to settings, click applications, then manage apps. Click on the running tab. Scroll down and find market and select it. Click on clear cache, then click on force stop. Back up and find the Google services framework, clear the data for this one, then force stop it as well. Next, download this file http://db.tt/xZbIjGa and copy it into /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs which will overwrite the pre-existing vending prefs file. Now reboot. As soon as you're powered back up, start trying to open the market. It WILL error out on you a few times but it will work. When you get the market to load finally, go back to settings, apps, manage apps, you need to clear markets cache again then force stop it, then go back to the Google services framework, click clear data again, then force stop. REBOOT. As soon as you are powered back up go to the market. Viola, it works.... :)

Heres my post on how to get the market running, the easy way....

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Heres my post on how to get the market running, the easy way....
Yup that works... thanks!!
I would like to point out that I do not have a android phone, and thus, no existing account exists.
I signed on using a gmail account with a fake name.
I am only seeing free apps now, which seems ok since there is no mechanism to pay.
But I also did not do the second round of Clear/Force stops

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Wait!! In my market it only appears a lot of free apk's, is that normal? Or is it has to appear also the payed ones?

Sent from Sylvania Sytabex7 Tablet

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
Lets try this question again: So for clarification you have paid apps you already purchased, but you can't see any other paid apps at this time correct, ie, we don't have a truly 100% working market yet, correct? Or are you able to purchase and download paid apps?

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Lets try this question again: So for clarification you have paid apps you already purchased, but you can't see any other paid apps at this time correct, ie, we don't have a truly 100% working market yet, correct? Or are you able to purchase and download paid apps?
I'm not sure who you were asking.
But in my case, I have no real google account, and thus no way to pay for apps even if I wanted to.
I'm only seeing free apps.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I was only asking if the pay apps has also to appear on the market too, cause if you want real pay apps free download applanet market and you'll have free payed aps for the tablet

Sent from Sylvania Sytabex7 Tablet