Market on 2.2 Sylvania/Disco - Work In Progress

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
U need to get rid of that build.prop, its been know to cause the market to not function on most tablets.

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Do a factory reset, I believe that should fix your build.prop or you can really flash your update, or we can try to see if anyone who has the same hwvr can upload their build.prop......

Last edited:

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
After you paste the build.prop and then restart, the market should quit force closing. If you are going to do the market install my way, just install from your SD card, don't copy it to /system/app..... if you already have the market installed in /system/app you will need to uninstall it before my method will work. Let me know if you need any more help. :)

usagi111

Apr 7, 2011
Just an fyi, if you open that vending prefs. file I uploaded in a text editor on your tab, and scroll to the bottom, you will see a line that references paid apps. To get the paid apps tab to work, you will need to change the part on that line where it says "false" to "true" and have a valid billing.DB file placed in the /data/data/com.android.vending/databases folder :) the only problem with getting a billing.DB file is they are linked to the cell phone/sim card acct they are created on. Which means if I upload mine and we get paid apps working everyone could get paid apps and I'd get the bill, and this is the reason I left this out for now. :)

Question, I already have a googleID for my tablet, and I brought apps officially with them so they would be in my history, say I flash my phone and go back to stock (I have an Epic 4G), sign in with my tablet googleID then sign into the market, get the billing.db file and then put it on my tablet then edit the vending prefs file, would that bring the paid apps in?

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
No, we at this point are unable to get paid apps to show. However if you use the same Google acct on another device that shows paid apps, if u purchase them there you should be able to find them on your tab under the my downloads section.

SWC

May 21, 2011
OK, I loaded your build.prop, made sure all versions of market were deleted and deleted it also from system/app. Installed your market and it is opening to white screen the closing... Could it be the permission settings? What do the permissions on the build.prop suppose to be? And its location is in system\ right?

Last edited: