Mirror android screen, want flip it around for navigation. Maybe a gps app?

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
I've been using sygic navigation app and I like it a lot. I have a ford explorer and when I throw my vtab on the dash in my folio case opened up it stays put and makes for a nice heads up display. Only problem is that everything is backwards. Anyone know of a gps app that doesn't need a internet connection that will allow you to flip the screen or a app itself that will do that? That would be great. Just to bad I can't get a remote to control my music player when it's up there. Maybe I can try to get a picture of it on my dash. Thanks

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
How is it backwards its normal. For example me

Sent From My Rooted VTAB1008 Using Tapatalk

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
If you open any program or gps app and place your tablet on your dash, the reflection on the windshield will be reversed. Just like how your left/right are reversed when looking in a mirror. When I'm using my gps if it says make a left turn and I turn left it looks like I'm turning right because of the reflection. I would like to be able to read all the info normally

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I missed what you were getting at in the first post. I haven't heard of any way to display a mirror image. The only way I can even think to do that is reflect the screen to a mirror that reflects onto the windshield. Alternatively you can simply find a way to mount the tablet to the dash and look at it directly.

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
I'd rather not look at it directly at night. I could turn the brightness down though. I have the torque app for my vtab and it has a built in hud mode that flips the image for you. That app works great. It's nice being able to see all your info while driving and not having to look down.