My wifi stays white no green

beckylynn420

Jan 22, 2012
Man, you all have so many things on this board I wanna try!!!! But first, if you please, somehow I have lost connectivity. I can go to sites lie this, google and facebook, but not hotmail or the market. I can watch youtube too. Facebook and google keep giving me repeated certificate errors as well. When I attempt to access and refresh hotmail it says it cannot safely connect to the server. So....k..what did I break and will you please help me fix it :) thank you...almost forgot I have a Coby MID 7125

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
WiFi bars on notification bar will only become green if you have GoogleServicesFramework and Gtalk installed (it shows when it has an active connection to Google). It doesn't mean you have Internet connection or not. If you can browse online sites, then you have connection. These errors can be caused by software or by your WiFi setup.

First, try other browsers like Opera mobile or Ninesky. If you still have problems with both, then most probably it's something related to your WiFi router and/or ISP. You may want to try using your tablet with some other router or somewhere else, like a library or cafe.

beckylynn420

Jan 22, 2012
I had google framework on it. I called coby all he could suggest was turrning off certificate notification and doing factory reset. So after long talk with hubby I did a reset.....security messages came back. Going to search these forums and figure out how to readd it back. The weird thing is for the last month I have had all the google stuff on it and my green wifi bars with issues, but other day my tablet died and when i turned it back on it had changed time zones abd was four days ahead. Ever since then I have had issues. Can you tel me, should i stay in here in this forum since its all coby or should i look in your others for info??? I hate not being able to understand all this and it makes me miss my laptop....guess i am just used to that technology :) thanks.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
If you have GoogleServicesFramework installed correctly (you do if Android Market is working with you Google account), then make sure your time zone, time and date are correct in settings. Then go to Settings -> Manage Applications -> All, look for both Market and GoogleServicesFramework, open each of them and use "Clear data". Turn table off then on and see if it works.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Make sure after the power down reset (from dying) that your Google account is still present (if not add it) and that you are logged in. Once you are sure your account is present and you are logged in you may need to follow lfom's advice.