Need a root solution for Mid7022

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
This is an issue with CM7 nothing to do with clockwork. I wont touch CM7 either but backing up my stock rom is good to do with clockwork for safe keeping even if i dont plan on flashing any roms

Yes i want CW on it, even i have got a stock rom FWND in case i break it, but i want to root first before i mod fourther, i read horror scenarios CW this tablet.

In general i dont need CW, the only reason i want it rooted is so i can mod build.prop to get the camera working on Skype

Camera works already with JustinTV broadcaster software, i just need it so i can send this tab to my family for.. video skype

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I have interest about horror scenarios :)

anyway, I recommend you should not modify your rom. keep using non-modified stock rom.
rooting apps can modify your rom so you should not use it too.

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
I can feel your sarcasm jump into my face :p

Well, yes , rooting also mod's the tablet, but you dotn know what i have gone through with my 7015's already, i found this tablet and it run's really nice as stock, i am trien to find a way to root with minimal changes to it, do i know if i mod it and revert back, will it be the same ?

anyway, looks like i have no choice, the stock rom does not offer any loopholes so far, Superuser and su cant be pushed as update nor in any other method i tried, there is no folder not R/O on the 7022 so i guess i have to bite my tounge and FWND it to get what i want.

baluvee

Jul 10, 2011
* How to install/use ClockworkMod Recovery 4
1.Download this file http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...ery-signed.zip
2.In windows format your SD card as FAT32 (not quick format)
3.create a folder by name sdcard in your SD CARD
4.Copy the above downloaded file to sdcard folder
5.rename the file as update.zip
6.Insert the sd card to MID7022
7.Go to Settings --> About Device -->System Updates --> Install System Updates --> FromSD card
clockworkmod will be booted on next reboot recovery.
Credit goes to fun_@http://forum.xda-developers.com

Now you should be in recovery console.
FIRST thing to do is backup your STOCK ROM
Navigation keys on clockworkmod, MENU = next item, HOME or POWER = select, BACK = back.
Once backup is completed. Please save the backup to secure location other than SD card
Now reboot the tablet.

Rooting
1.Insert the same SD card to your PC
2.Goto Superuser 2.3.6.3 [17 June 2011]
3.Download Eclair/Froyo/Gingerbread/Honeycomb
<http://downloads.androidsu.com/super...fgh-signed.zip>
4.Copy the file to /sdcard folder in your SD Card
5.reboot your MID7022 into recovery mode.
to reboot recovery
1.power down the tablet
2.hold power and back button( round silver button)
this should bring up clockworkmod recovery console
6.select install zip from sdcard
7.browse and select su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip
it should install and root your device
8. enjoy your new rooted MID7022
Bala

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
* How to install/use ClockworkMod Recovery 4
1.Download this file http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...ery-signed.zip
2.In windows format your SD card as FAT32 (not quick format)
3.create a folder by name sdcard in your SD CARD
4.Copy the above downloaded file to sdcard folder
5.rename the file as update.zip
6.Insert the sd card to MID7022
7.Go to Settings --> About Device -->System Updates --> Install System Updates --> FromSD card
clockworkmod will be booted on next reboot recovery.
Credit goes to fun_@http://forum.xda-developers.com

Tx so much, but the link http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...ery-signed.zip comes back as "Parameter 'out' is required."

I extracted the link, its : http://androtab.info/files/tcc8902/dump-recovery/dump-recovery-signed.zip ?

says page not found

i may not be able to DL it from that location, needs Auth ?
can you repost pls :)

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I can feel your sarcasm jump into my face :p

ok, then, I'll forget what you said about my and my helpers work.

there is a way to make complete backup of your rom without any change. once you make complete backup, you can revert any minimal change. if you want to make backup, read "How to dump stock recovery" and "How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 4", in http://androtab.info/telechips/firmwares , then make backup. use "COBY Kyros MID7022 8K" files.

if you don't want to make backup and/or install clockworkmod, please forget everything. I'll stop posting here.

Last edited:

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
ok, then, I'll forget what you said about my and my helpers work.

there is a way to make complete backup of your rom without any change. once you make complete backup, you can revert any minimal change. if you want to make backup, read "How to dump stock recovery" and "How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 4", in Telechips custom firmwares | androtab.info , then make backup. use "COBY Kyros MID7022 8K" files.

if you don't want to make backup and/or install clockworkmod, please forget everything. I'll stop posting here.

No offense, i am very grateful for your help, good work

Yes I want to make a rom dump and then CW since there is no other way to root that tablet, i will try and repost results

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
Yes, it worked, temp root but better then no root

Now i got a problem, a friend asked me to FWND it with a modded M801 set, that did not worked, i could revert back but i have a not so responsive touch screen now

are the touchscreen drivers loaded from lk.rom ? they must be loaded first layer, the layer left i cant restore with CW or Fastboot ?

I need the 7022 stock rom to FWND the tablet, anyone in possesion of such ?

I also tried to fastboot cyanogen from Telechips custom firmwares | androtab.info - COBY Kyros MID7022 8K fastboot rom , got it on but touch screen is still not responsive, it comes online whenever it pleases, so its like 1/2 bricked

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
Yes, it worked, temp root but better then no root

I just said about making backup so I can't understand what is temp root.
you said you also installed superuser.zip from clockworkmod? then it's not temp root...

Now i got a problem, a friend asked me to FWND it with a modded M801 set, that did not worked, i could revert back but i have a not so responsive touch screen now

are the touchscreen drivers loaded from lk.rom ? they must be loaded first layer, the layer left i cant restore with CW or Fastboot ?

I need the 7022 stock rom to FWND the tablet, anyone in possesion of such ?

I also tried to fastboot cyanogen from Telechips custom firmwares | androtab.info - COBY Kyros MID7022 8K fastboot rom , got it on but touch screen is still not responsive, it comes online whenever it pleases, so its like 1/2 bricked

you must not flash any files for another tablet. I'm not sure about relation between lk.rom and TS, but in general, flashing lk.rom for another tablet bricks your tablet. you might be lucky only 1/2 are bricked.

there is no official lk.rom nor rom image for 7022. flashing your backup and/or my cm7 doesn't help you.

you should send back to your shop for repairing.

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
here is what happend :

At the stage of original stock rom without any mod's

First i dumped the original recovery image with your recovery.zip ~ worked fine
Then i updated the system with the CW Recovery image from SignApk for this tablet ~ worked fine
Next step was to update the system through CW with su-2.3.6.3 ~ worked also fine but root is not perm, i have to manually set permissions for it at every boot, system and nand are R/O on boot.

After that i got a little brave and got me a stock rom from a M801 that i got told was compatible with 7022, i FWND the new HBOOT image on it, that did not work, stuck in fastboot, CW was gone at this point.

To get out of it i fastbooted the CM7 image on it from your developers site, that also contains CW4, that was not easy because it was missing android-info.txt and android-product.txt , i created the 2 files and stuck them into the zip ( empty txt files ) , fastboot worked , CM7 runned but the touchscreen was not really working but i got CW4 back.

I reverted back to one of the backups from the original stock but i still have the chinese boot logo comming up before loading so i assume CW backups do not include 1st layer flashing that can only be the LK.rom where Hboot is located from the M801 rom. That must be also the layer who loads the touchscreen drivers, i cant think of anything else.

Current state :

Tablet is almost back to normal, after i fixed permissions in CW i got nand (sdcard) back to R/W and not R/O at boot, touchscreen starts to function about 2 minutes after reboot, i have to wait for it, after that the tablet acts normal as before all this.

So yeah the lk.rom HBOOT from M801 runs as first layer now on this MID7022, very strange behavior from the touchscreen, why would it need 2 minutes ( exactly 2, i stopped the clock ) and then gets back to work ? , also does not lock up when suspend

Inbetween i loaded CW CM7 on it, worked fine but has problems as described ( camera, hardware accelerated video etc ), touchscreen had the same behavior as original backup, therefore touchscreen drivers must be in HBOOT , i wonder if i can extract a original HBOOT and dd it onto

Hope that helps you, i saw there is a problem with the 7022 and touchscreens locking up

If you have something you want me to throw on the tablet let me know

TX !

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
First i dumped the original recovery image with your recovery.zip ~ worked fine
Then i updated the system with the CW Recovery image from SignApk for this tablet ~ worked fine

"SignApk for this tablet" seems inaccurate.

Next step was to update the system through CW with su-2.3.6.3 ~ worked also fine but root is not perm, i have to manually set permissions for it at every boot, system and nand are R/O on boot.

if you can change /system from r/o to r/w, then you get root right properly with superuser/su. rooting is to get root right, not get r/w /system.

at this point, all thing I suggested to you work fine.

After that i got a little brave and got me a stock rom from a M801 that i got told was compatible with 7022, i FWND the new HBOOT image on it, that did not work, stuck in fastboot, CW was gone at this point.

at this point, in addition to clockworkmod, you lost stock bootloader(lk.rom) for 7022.

btw there is no "FWND" and "HBOOT" in telechips rom. I don't know just a typo or you really misunderstand something but anyway you should treat things more accurately.

To get out of it i fastbooted the CM7 image on it from your developers site, that also contains CW4, that was not easy because it was missing android-info.txt and android-product.txt , i created the 2 files and stuck them into the zip ( empty txt files ) , fastboot worked , CM7 runned but the touchscreen was not really working but i got CW4 back.

to get clockworkmod recovery, just flashing recovery.img with fastboot is enough. other img are also able to flash with fastboot without txt file. all you need to do was just unzipping. it must be easy.

I reverted back to one of the backups from the original stock but i still have the chinese boot logo comming up before loading so i assume CW backups do not include 1st layer flashing that can only be the LK.rom where Hboot is located from the M801 rom. That must be also the layer who loads the touchscreen drivers, i cant think of anything else.

no asssumption is needed. it's clear there is no FWDN image with lk.rom for 7022 on the net. no lk.rom in backup by clockworkmod. you can see files and you should know it. what's wrong is also clear. you just used hammer as update tool.

Tablet is almost back to normal, after i fixed permissions in CW i got nand (sdcard) back to R/W and not R/O at boot, touchscreen starts to function about 2 minutes after reboot, i have to wait for it, after that the tablet acts normal as before all this.

you are lucky, your tablet still alive after hammered.

Hope that helps you, i saw there is a problem with the 7022 and touchscreens locking up

I'm not sure which issue you said.

"TS stop after resume and rebooting fix it" issue is already fixed.
I think "eeprom for TS is erased by fwtool" issue can't be fixed by flashing lk.rom but "TS dead after wrong lk.rom flashed" may be fixed by flasing correct lk.rom if it exist.

Last edited:

ktakis

Jul 10, 2011
Yeah, i misspelled, HBOOT should be embedded in LK.rom so yes, you are right, there is no HBOOT seperately available, there is no original LK.ROM out unless i get a original in my hands and get a total romdump done, working on that currently

Right now it runs on a LK.ROM from the M801 , runs fine so far only problem is the 2 minute waittime after boot, i will see if i can fix it with another one, waiting for the files right now and will report back

"SignApk for this tablet" seems inaccurate. ~ Thats was the signature within the ZIP file

fun

Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, i misspelled, HBOOT should be embedded in LK.rom so yes, you are right, there is no HBOOT seperately available, there is no original LK.ROM out unless i get a original in my hands and get a total romdump done, working on that currently

Right now it runs on a LK.ROM from the M801 , runs fine so far only problem is the 2 minute waittime after boot, i will see if i can fix it with another one, waiting for the files right now and will report back

"SignApk for this tablet" seems inaccurate. ~ Thats was the signature within the ZIP file

there is no "HBOOT" in lk.rom. bootloader for telechips is just called "lk". there is no "FWND" too, it should be "FWDN".
yes, "SignApk" is signature in *my* zip. but it isn't author name of *my* zip. what I want to say is you didn't understand/explain accurately.
I think these many small misunderstanding leads big lossage. you should do everything more carefully.

my last suggestion is "do not flash anymore, especially lk.rom for other devices. it will brick your 7022 completely". you're lucky, you can still use your tablet & still have (partially)working bootloader which can reflash other lk.rom. but if you flash another lk.rom, you may lose flash function, then you'll get perfect brick.