need help with iconia a 500

chii88

Sep 28, 2011
hello everyone. not only am i new here but also to the tablet world. so any help will be highly appreciated. so i am on the iconia and i am stil on the 3.1 version. i havent gotten any prompts to upgrade to the 3.2 version and i dont know why. i also dont know how to upgrade manually. my other problem is as follows: i bought this tab to use on campus but my tab wont/cant connect to my schools wifi. my husband has the same tab but with the 3.2 version and he is able to get on the wifi but it kicks him off often or even says its connected but he cant browse. would an issue like that be easier to fix with a rooted device or does that have nothing to do with it?
i would really appreciate your help :) thanks

Last edited:

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
In regards to the 3.2 update... its rolling out but very slowly. While some a500 users have it, others (like myself) have yet to receive it. It may have something to do with the serial number of the device (a rumor I heard, not confirmed). In regards to your schools wifi... any number of issues could be a factor. Without knowing more details it would be hard to say. Is your schools wifi public (as in, anyone is allowed to access it, or only registered students and staff)?

Same is generally true for your husband, but one suggestion in his case is to bring up the quick setting bar (press the clock in the lower right corner) then look for an icon that resembled three sliders and click that. A few new options show appear. One of these options is called Airplane mode. Toggle it on, then immediately off again. This has the effect of disabling and reenabling the devices wifi, and by doing that it forces the device to reestablish its connection to the wifi network. I've noticed on my tab that with a particular router, my connection seems to time out and by toggling airplane mode on and off I get my connection back.

I hope this helps some!