Need help with my Sylvania Mini Tablet

MannyGamazo

Aug 25, 2011
Okay, so I just bought this sucker off of craigslist.I did a factory restore then updated it to 2.2. After the update, I noticed a few things:I dont have a gmail app or other standard apps in my app drawer (I could only get to them via the search bar)How do I get these apps back into my app drawer?Also, my device didnt have a charger and according to Xda developers, it has a 1400mah lithium ion battery. I went to Radio Shack and the guy there told me to buy a 9v, 1500m amp charger. I can charge the thing but it does get pretty hot. Do I need a different charger for it?I love this tablet so far. I just want to get these issues worked out before I take measures in making the official android marketplace (and the amazon android marketplace work on my tablet.Also, I have an LG Optimus (Its the GSM one offered by T-Mobile). Can I transfer my downloaded apps from that device to my tablet? (they're both on Android 2.2)

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Mine came with a 1500mA charger, so that's correct, but you are forgetting the 'radio shack' factor. Their products are frequently poorly designed, so if you need a 1500mA changer, you'll need a radio shack 3A charger.

Or use the 1500mA one you have but keep a fire extinguisher nearby.

The other problem with Radio shack chargers is that they frequently have unregulated voltage output. So with no load, your radio shack 9V charger may put out 11 or 12 v, when fully loaded in may only put out 7 or 8 volts. This can cause problems, and in some cases damage your device.

MannyGamazo

Aug 25, 2011
Oh, well I found an 1.8A charger at Frys for half the price. I couldnt find a 2A. The guy a frys said its suppose to get hot while charging. But I'd rather spend $14.99 on a charger instead of $29.99Now how do I get my apps ( like gmail and gallery) back on my home screen and in my app drawer?

MannyGamazo

Aug 25, 2011
Mine came with a 1500mA charger, so that's correct, but you are forgetting the 'radio shack' factor. Their products are frequently poorly designed, so if you need a 1500mA changer, you'll need a radio shack 3A charger.Or use the 1500mA one you have but keep a fire extinguisher nearby.The other problem with Radio shack chargers is that they frequently have unregulated voltage output. So with no load, your radio shack 9V charger may put out 11 or 12 v, when fully loaded in may only put out 7 or 8 volts. This can cause problems, and in some cases damage your device.
damn, I just returned the radioshack one I imagine the one I bought at frys isnt that much better.So what charger is going to work with the tablet for sure? Sylvania even states on there website that they dont make replacement chargers.

MannyGamazo

Aug 25, 2011
Also, I want to know how to get gmail and gallery back into my app drawer and home page.

(Btw, the Fry's 1800a charger does not heat the tablet up as much as the 1500a charger did.)

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Find a local Toys R Us. According to some folks on here, they sell an accessory kit that has some gel skins, an extra stylus, and a wall charger...

MannyGamazo

Aug 25, 2011
Okay, I'll check out a Toys R Us but this 1800a charger is working much better than the 1500a one for now.

So how to I get "gallery" back into my app drawer after accidently deleting it? (I realized that "gmail" and "email" are in essence, the same app.)

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
if you delete the icon of any app by mistake, just press the menu button the one thats in the left of the back arrow it would show you the menu, then press add application, wait to show it, and see if you have the icon there, if you have it click on it and you are all set; if you don't have it, you may send a pm to cfrockit telling the prob and he would show you how to get back that app on the menu

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

MannyGamazo

Aug 25, 2011
Okay, I got the apps back on there. (it was a different method for me but the info helped. My tablet has 2.2 on it) but now I cant add any apps to the app home screen. I can add widgits but no apps. I can add apps to the app drawer though.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
thats normal, in the original launcher you can'tdo it, but if you want to install widgets and apps on the same screen you'll have to install another launcher like launcherpro, go launcher, or so on, but on the original launcher it can't be done, widgets only on the home screen, apps ion the drawer screen

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

MannyGamazo

Aug 25, 2011
thats normal, in the original launcher you can'tdo it, but if you want to install widgets and apps on the same screen you'll have to install another launcher like launcherpro, go launcher, or so on, but on the original launcher it can't be done, widgets only on the home screen, apps ion the drawer screenSent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum
Oh, gotcha. I should probably enable android market on my tablet to get a good launcher program right?

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
The Toys-R-Us kit does not come with a charger. It comes witha faux leather case, 2 gel cases, 2 screen protectors and 1 stylus.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I was gonna say the same cause i bought also that accesory pack on toysrus, and it didnt came with any ac adapter at all...

MannyGamazo

Aug 25, 2011
But Toys R Us doesnt have the seven inch kit, it has the ten inch kit.

So should I activate android marketplace? (if its even possible)

Last edited: