Need USB Charger cable

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
Ok, the old saying "The Dog ate my homework" well that is not to far from what happened here. I got a new puppy (7 week old Springer Spaniel) and sure enough the little guy (named Buster) got a hold of my Transformer usb cable when I was charging it and promptly bit down on it when I was not paying attention. The next day I noticed that the cable was barely hanging together and sure enough it does not charge my transformer. Does anyone know where I can find a new one? I have looked all over online and no one sells it and I do not see it on the Asus site.

I am not sure if I bought the keyboard if that wold work for charging it? It would give me a good excuse to get it if it did and I might as well put the money of a usb cable to the keyboard.:)

I was going to try and strip the cable down, but then there are like 6 damn tiny cables inside of it and that is just to much work...

clebin

Jun 30, 2011
I don't see any mention on Amazon of a USB cable being included with the keyboard dock, so be careful. I remember buying a couple of iPhone docks on the false assumption they'd include a USB cable.

Have you tried complaining to Asus about the lack of the USB cables (still!). If you're really lucky they might send you a complementary replacement!

Chris

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Oh, and no the keyboard does not come with a charger or cable.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Android Tablet Forum

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
I had a coworker fix my cable, so I have that working for now. Keyboard will be here tomorrow. It will be nice to have, but a little peeved that the Asus rep said there was a cable and charger in it. Oh well I was going to get it anyways.

cyclejoc

Jul 14, 2011
I thought I would throw this in... for a extension cable you must use USB 3.0 only. I bought USB 2.0 and it won't work.

lightstream

Jul 14, 2011
I noticed the European parts store has them in stock. I was about to order two of them but with the shipping to the US it would be $30 apiece. At that price I'll wait until they come to the US or until I'm desperate.

Here's a link for the two Transformer parts they have (there's a stylus too).
EeePad