New Coby Tablets

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
I contacted Appslib to find out about their software testing procedures for tablets. Through several e-mails the person on the other end replied back that he did not think that the software I was asking about would work on the 7015 based on the specs but that they should all work on the new models coming out later this month.
Are they pretty much done with updating the 7015 and moving on?

bullitt6996

Aug 24, 2010
Thats garbage...and is the problem with technology moving so quickly with companies that don't provide better support. Fortunately, in the Android community, one can learn how to hack an OS or wait for someone else to, so that support can be continued via ROMs and such.

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
I contacted Appslib to find out about their software testing procedures for tablets. Through several e-mails the person on the other end replied back that he did not think that the software I was asking about would work on the 7015 based on the specs but that they should all work on the new models coming out later this month.
Are they pretty much done with updating the 7015 and moving on?

Uh, "this month", February ends on Monday - is that really what was meant? Maybe they meant March, which I was thinking to be the release month for the new generation of Coby tablets.

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
Don't know or care what was meant by it rokky. I'm just reporting what he e-mailed. That's probably what he meant though, apparently i'm not in the loop like you.

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
funny thing is is that i don't even own a tablet. i've been researching them trying to find the best budget device and i keep on coming back to the kyros simply because the user base is strong and so is the development side. i think the company sucks but they got lucky with this device. i'm kind of waiting to see what the deal is with the new tablets and what rebranded model they'll be selling next. if it's crap then i'm getting the 7015. i'd rather have a device that people have got buzzing then some new crap that doesn't work but has potential.