New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Ok, everytime I have tried there have only been the 2 files root.zip (unextracted) and factory_update_param.aml.
The card is fat32, and I tried reformatting again and another card and still no luck.
I have also tried changing what is in the factory_update_param.aml as the location was referring to /sdcard/root.zip as below
--update_package=/sdcard/root.zip

I changed it to
--update_package=/mnt/extsd/root.zip

as that it how it is mounted in the device.
Still no luck.

The ICS/JB updates, were applied by the usb method and they appear to have worked ok.

As your firmware is an image file i have had a look through the file and it is already rooted, you just need to install the Superuser.apk and RootExplorer.apk from your sdcard, open the root.zip go to system/app and copy them to your sdcard and then using the "file manager" app (already installed) on the tablet go to your external sdcard and select them to install then reboot the tablet, once installed you can then delete the chinese apps using root explorer, if you have any problems with the Playstore ie not showing all apps etc let me know and i will help you install a fresh one.

Last edited:

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
As your firmware is an image file i have had a look through the file and it is already rooted, you just need to install the Superuser.apk and RootExplorer.apk from your sdcard, open the root.zip go to system/app and copy them to your sdcard and then using the "file manager" app (already installed) on the tablet go to your external sdcard and select them to install then reboot the tablet, once installed you can then delete the chinese apps using root explorer, if you have any problems with the Playstore ie not showing all apps etc let me know and i will help you install a fresh one.

Excellent, I now have rootexplorer and superuser, many thanks for that.
Will start deleting chinese apps.
Have just checked and I still have the issue with Playstore, so help with that will be much appreciated....

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Excellent, I now have rootexplorer and superuser, many thanks for that.
Will start deleting chinese apps.
Have just checked and I still have the issue with Playstore, so help with that will be much appreciated....

Download this file - Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Phonesky_3.8.17.4-2.apk

Now rename it to Phonesky.apk and put it on your SDcard, open root explorer and go to system/app and look for any googleplaystore apk and/or Phonesky.apk and delete them, then still in root explorer go to SDcard/external SDcard and press and hold the new Phonesky.apk until menu pops up and choose copy now go back to system/app and click paste, now just press it and it will ask to install, select yes once done reboot the tablet and you should now see a new playstore in your apps sign in and all should be ok.

Last edited:

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
Download this file - Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Phonesky_3.8.17.4-2.apk

Now rename it to Phonesky.apk and put it on your SDcard, open root explorer and go to system/app and look for any googleplaystore apk and/or Phonesky.apk and delete them, then still in root explorer go to SDcard/external SDcard and press and hold the new Phonesky.apk until menu pops up and choose copy now go back to system/app and click paste, now just press it and it will ask to install, select yes once done reboot the tablet and you should now see a new playstore in your apps sign in and all should be ok.

Thanks for that, but I have a problem with RootExplorer. Within that I am unable to delete files. Do I need to do something with the superuser to enable the right permissions?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Sounds like it has not gained root! Does SU ask to grant root explorer permissions? Does the market work at all? If market works try installing latest BusyBox then reboot. Let me know how you get on.

ZoomyRamen

Jan 16, 2013
Having a bit of a problem installing it on a V812 with firmware v1.2. I get the update on fine but it doesn't kick off automatically. I install from my SD card manually but rebooting the device shows that SuperSU and Root Explorer haven't been installed. Help is much appreciated!

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Did it work with v1.0? I have just started the download to have a look at the firmware so will get back to you, how does the new Quad-Core's perform?

ZoomyRamen

Jan 16, 2013
Did it work with v1.0? I have just started the download to have a look at the firmware so will get back to you, how does the new Quad-Core's perform?

Apparently the v1.0 already came pre-rooted! I've probably made a mistake updating haha. Seeing if a downgrade is possible now. It's my first tablet so I can only compare it to my phone and say that it seems super snappy. The screen isn't the best and the battery is lacking, but you know for how cheap it was it's packing quite a bit of power. Surprised at how good the build quality is aswell. It feels nice and solid in my hands. Buttons are on the bottom which seem a bit odd to me. Haven't tested out any intensive apps. Overall, very pleased with the purchase.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Your right for whatever reason onda have not pre-rooted the 1.2? Maybe a update when they realize! Its not the best time of day for me to download from china its on 3 hours at the minute but might speed up, i will get back to you tho'

ZoomyRamen

Jan 16, 2013
Your right for whatever reason onda have not pre-rooted the 1.2? Maybe a update when they realize! Its not the best time of day for me to download from china its on 3 hours at the minute but might speed up, i will get back to you tho'

Cheers man, It already has the playstore so I can grab apps from there. Just the Chinese apps that are a bit of a bother. Thanks for the response though, with you being something of a celeb on this forum ;)

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
Sounds like it has not gained root! Does SU ask to grant root explorer permissions? Does the market work at all? If market works try installing latest BusyBox then reboot. Let me know how you get on.

Yep it looks I don't have root access
1) SU does not ask to grant root permissions. Nor does it have any apps in the list for su.
2) BusyBox reports that there is a problem opening a sheel with root access
3) I downloaded rootchecker and it reported that the tablet isn't rooted

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Any update on a v1.2 root?

Hi, download this file - SU-RootKeeper.zip

Now you need to be on firmware 1.0 to start with then open the zip file and copy the SuperSU and OTA-Root_keeper apk' to your SDcard, then make sure the WiFi is set up and using the tablets "File manager" go to the external SDcard and install SuperSU.apk and update if it asks to do so, now install OTA-Root_keeper.apk.

Run Root-Keeper and make sure the boxes are ticked to say you have Root, then select to "BACK-UP ROOT" once done select "TEMP UN-ROOT" then exit Root-Keeper. Now you can upgrade OTA to 1.2 once done run Root-Keeper again and select "RESTORE ROOT".

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Yep it looks I don't have root access
1) SU does not ask to grant root permissions. Nor does it have any apps in the list for su.
2) BusyBox reports that there is a problem opening a sheel with root access
3) I downloaded rootchecker and it reported that the tablet isn't rooted

Hi, download this file - SU-RootKeeper.zip

Now you need to be on firmware 1.2/1.4 to start with as they are pre-rooted then open the zip file and copy the SuperSU and OTA-Root_keeper apk' to your SDcard, then make sure the WiFi is set up and using the tablets "File manager" go to the external SDcard and install SuperSU.apk and update if it asks to do so, now install OTA-Root_keeper.apk.

Run Root-Keeper and make sure the boxes are ticked to say you have Root, then select to "BACK-UP ROOT" once done select "TEMP UN-ROOT" then exit Root-Keeper. Now you can upgrade to 4.1.1 once done run Root-Keeper again and select "RESTORE ROOT".

dperezalvarez

Jan 18, 2013
Hi all,
I've successfully rooted v711, patched Root_Gapps_complete.zip and used YouTube_4_1_47.apk
All working right except that I don't see some applications in Google Play (it's says my device it's not compatible). When I get the apk outside Google Play, applications are working right.
I've tried changing build.prop, different Google Play versions, but not succeed.
Does anybody know any way so we can install all applications from Google Play?
Thanks a lot!!