New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

JamesyD

Jan 7, 2013
You need to root it before the update using root keeper then use the OTA update, you will need to roll back and root first.
I dont have a 32 bit system so i cant do it with the Pheonix suite, i put the tablet in debugging mode and i chose the v1.0 file in Pheonixsuite then press the green button below which must mean flash, then the tablet reboots but nothing (, i suppose another way is to use livesuite and try to get hold of a 32 bit PC as its in English and easier to understand what your doing.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I dont have a 32 bit system so i cant do it with the Pheonix suite, i put the tablet in debugging mode and i chose the v1.0 file in Pheonixsuite then press the green button below which must mean flash, then the tablet reboots but nothing (, i suppose another way is to use livesuite and try to get hold of a 32 bit PC as its in English and easier to understand what your doing.

Just found this with drivers for xp 32 vista and 7 32/64 http://www.mediafire.com/?avw55fy25ovydlu

Last edited:

JamesyD

Jan 7, 2013
Just found this with drivers for xp 32 vista and 7 32/64 LiveSuit107_und_USBTreiber.zip
Excellent ty for that, the only problem Im having is trying to get thh tablet to boot up in recovery mode, I run Livesuite, enter the correct img file, then turn the tablet off, plug in the USB cable(get a battery charing image on screen) Then I hold down the home key for about 10 secs, then press the power button, i then get the white Onda message then I release both keys , but then the tablet just boots up normally ?Driving me mad !

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
Excellent ty for that, the only problem Im having is trying to get thh tablet to boot up in recovery mode, I run Livesuite, enter the correct img file, then turn the tablet off, plug in the USB cable(get a battery charing image on screen) Then I hold down the home key for about 10 secs, then press the power button, i then get the white Onda message then I release both keys , but then the tablet just boots up normally ?Driving me mad !

JamesyD, could please let me know how the battery life of your Onda v812 is ?

JamesyD

Jan 7, 2013
JamesyD, could please let me know how the battery life of your Onda v812 is ?
Ive not used it that much so its hard to give exact times when doing particular tasks, i was gaming a bit with it last night and it probably went down 50% in hour and half ? But if your using it for just browsing or reading then Its good, 5-6 hours at least.

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
Ive not used it that much so its hard to give exact times when doing particular tasks, i was gaming a bit with it last night and it probably went down 50% in hour and half ? But if your using it for just browsing or reading then Its good, 5-6 hours at least.

Thanks for the information, JamesyD.

If anyone has had more usage of the Onda v812 please feel free to post your experience.

drirfantariq

Jan 28, 2013
i have update.zip and patch.zip file

i am not able to extract them. i followed instructions in your first post that says

"STEP 1
The USB program needs to be run with administrators privileges on Windows xp/7 32bit, copy the USB folder to your desktop then copy the Resource zip file in to the USB folder and run the USB program, you can change the language in the top left of main window, now select CONFIG tab and choose Import Update and point it to the resource zip file, then click START, once done follow root section."

but i can't do it. what is USB program. do i need to download any software? or is there something else i am doing wrong? when i extract, i get this error
! C:\Users\Irfan\Desktop\Compressed\VI40D_v2.0-1129SD.zip: CRC failed in patch.zip. The file is corrupt
what to do?

JamesyD

Jan 7, 2013

If anyone has had more usage of the Onda v812 please feel free to post your experience.
Np ). I found the tablet itself to be of very good build quality, The IPS screen is very nice with excellent viewing angles, the UI is a little clunky but hopefully they can fix that with future updates. It runs games great though ),no game I played had any lag really and was very smooth.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

Feel free to post a new thread regarding the v812 please do not fill this thread with irrelevant posts thanks.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
i have update.zip and patch.zip file

i am not able to extract them. i followed instructions in your first post that says

"STEP 1
The USB program needs to be run with administrators privileges on Windows xp/7 32bit, copy the USB folder to your desktop then copy the Resource zip file in to the USB folder and run the USB program, you can change the language in the top left of main window, now select CONFIG tab and choose Import Update and point it to the resource zip file, then click START, once done follow root section."

but i can't do it. what is USB program. do i need to download any software? or is there something else i am doing wrong? when i extract, i get this error
! C:\Users\Irfan\Desktop\Compressed\VI40D_v2.0-1129SD.zip: CRC failed in patch.zip. The file is corrupt
what to do?

Please read again, step 1 says nothing about update/patch files you should be following step 3 and root section only.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

Just found this, i know it is for a different flash program but the sequence might be worth a try, also someone has said that if you run Livesuite and plug tablet in while on aand USB debugging checked it will pick it up and you can flash it.

First Install PhoenixSuit and normally the right drivers will be installed during this procedure.

When done this, run PhoenixSuit, and you will see 'no device attached yet'.

Load the firmware, image, of your choice in the PhoenixSuite.

Power off your Allwinner A31 device.

Press 'home' button and keep pressed while you connect your powered off device by usb, with your computer.

Done this still pressing the 'home' button, press and release short, three times the power button, now you see a screen popped up, asking you what you want, 'ýes' for format upgrade mode, and 'no' for normal (recommend) upgrade mode.
Now you can release the home button

At last click 'yes' or 'no' and you will see starting the up- or downgrading process, wait patiently till this is done.
When your device does not boot automatically, just press the power button.

Last edited:

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
Feel free to post a new thread regarding the v812 please do not fill this thread with irrelevant posts thanks.

Sorry, my wrong but I didn't have the intention to hijack your thread. It's only that there is so little information available on this forum for the v812 and I'm quite in a hurry to purchase a tablet for the young one and don't want to make a third wrong purchase.

I have opened a new thread, so this one can continue the way it has been intended.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/54230-onda-v812-experience.html

JamesyD

Jan 7, 2013
Success !Your a genius ID !, Ty so much :D .Im considering not upgrading again to the v1.2, when I now do a memory clear I get 1550mb+ of free memory , where I only got 1250 before, And I also get a higher score with the Antutu benchmark,But if I do decide to update will OTA Root Keeper still keep me rooted if I update using Phoenix suite, as I have the v1.2 firmware already downloaded , ty )

Dont worry, it dosnt , repeating step 1 :p

Last edited: