New Skpe Version 2.5.0.108 released 9/29/11

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
This new Skype version on Market says it will work on Android devices running 2.3.3.

Has anyone downloaded and tried it yet? Do you get Send and Receive video?

Last edited:

dnlcllns

Oct 2, 2011
This new Skype version on Market says it will work on Android devices running 2.3.3.

On Friday I noticed a video icon in my upper right corner of my Skype IM. I called my girl friend on

dnlcllns

Oct 2, 2011
This new Skype version on Market says it will work on Android devices running 2.3.3.<br>
<br>
<br><span style="font-family:comic sans ms;"><font size="4">On Friday I noticed a video icon in my upper right corner of my Skype IM. I called my girl friend on it with great results&nbsp;</font></span><br>

dnlcllns

Oct 2, 2011
Man i messed that up!!
The Skype update is working GREAT on My acer iconia A500.
please excuse my foul ups above. I have not used this tablet in a forum before. it isn't easy to use allof the features so i will "cool it" for now.

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if any Coby Kyros Mid7022, (running Android 2.3.3) owners have download this newer version of Skype and used it. The previous version of Skype did not allow for video calling only voice.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if any Coby Kyros Mid7022, (running Android 2.3.3) owners have download this newer version of Skype and used it. The previous version of Skype did not allow for video calling only voice.

I tried it on my 1024 and it was not able to do video.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
@vernox701 it seems that there is a problem with our tablets, but it seems that if you start a voice call and then start video it works. Have you tried doing this?

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
@vernox701 it seems that there is a problem with our tablets, but it seems that if you start a voice call and then start video it works. Have you tried doing this?

No I have not tried that yet, so you actually got incoming and outgoing video to work using that procedure? Was the sending video in full color?

I posted in another thread on here after I found an XDAdevelopers mod for Skype that does work with video , except on my 7022 the sending video color is messed up, shows in color blocks of gray and green, I set the the send video to MONO so I am now using black and white in my sending video, that is why I wanted to know if this new Skype version worked on our devices.

The thread I posted with the XDA version of Skype is the one on here titled: Skype, new release as of August 4, 2011, V2.1.0.46
Make sure you read all the threads if you just want to use the XDA version.

Soulless

Oct 2, 2011
I downloaded the new version from the market.... I can see video of my buddy but he cant see me.

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
I downloaded the new version from the market.... I can see video of my buddy but he cant see me.

Good to know, do you have a mid7022 or what device are you using? If you want an operational version of Skype, i.e. one where you can send and receive video calls, you can download the XDA version I mentioned above. Note: it was developed for devices running Android 2.3.X only.