new to Android OS

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
well... i must admit my frustration.

on my tablet, when i attempt to install the 'advanced wifi fix' app, it states that no droid device is associated with my account. i've attempted to associate my tablet with my account, but it will not. i've gone through the incredibly vague directions given on the account page, and i still cannot associate it.

this is a bit annoying, to say the least. if anyone could point me in the right direction, i would be grateful. :)

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
well... i must admit my frustration.

on my tablet, when i attempt to install the 'advanced wifi fix' app, it states that no droid device is associated with my account. i've attempted to associate my tablet with my account, but it will not. i've gone through the incredibly vague directions given on the account page, and i still cannot associate it.

this is a bit annoying, to say the least. if anyone could point me in the right direction, i would be grateful. :)

Are you sure you are using advanced wifi lock free and not the advanced wifi fix?

Sent from my Huawei Ideos using Android Tablet Forum

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I am also new to Android and just got my Kyros 7022 yesterday. My first Kyros wasn't charging so I exchanged it for a new one. The new one has the 4GB in the NAND and SD Card says unavailable while the one i returned had small amount of memory in NAND and rest was in SD Card even when there wasn't a micro SD card inserted adding both equaled about 4GB. My question is what is correct the one I returned or the one I exchanged it for? thanks in advance

Last edited:

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
I am also new to Android and just got my Kyros 7022 yesterday but the Kyros wasn't charging so I exchanged it for a new one and the new one has the 4GB in the NAND and SD Card says unavailabe while the one i returned had small amount of memory in NAND and rest was in SD Card even when there wasn't a micro SD card inserted adding both equaled about 4GB. My question is what is correct the one I returned or the one I exchanged it for? thanks in advance

firstly. punctuation, please use it. trying to read your question is rather difficult, as it looks like one giant sentence.

anywho...

though it sounds very silly, did you have the power cord plugged into the headphone jack, by chance? other than that, i've noticed that my 7022 does not charge via USB (maybe my ports do not give enough power).

from the factory, the 7022 comes with 4GB of onboard storage (NAND) and a MicroSD slot. the MicroSD slot can handle (at least) a 16GB card. i currently have a 16GB MicroSD card, so i can say from experience that it works. the largest MicroSD card that i've seen is 32GB. i will be purchasing one next month, and i'll report back if it works correctly.

while the MicroSD slot 'hot pluggable' - i've always inserted/removed my MicroSD card when my 7022 was powered off. i do not believe that any problems would happen if you were to insert/remove the MicroSD card if the 7022 was powered on.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
firstly. punctuation, please use it. trying to read your question is rather difficult, as it looks like one giant sentence.

anywho...

though it sounds very silly, did you have the power cord plugged into the headphone jack, by chance? other than that, i've noticed that my 7022 does not charge via USB (maybe my ports do not give enough power).

from the factory, the 7022 comes with 4GB of onboard storage (NAND) and a MicroSD slot. the MicroSD slot can handle (at least) a 16GB card. i currently have a 16GB MicroSD card, so i can say from experience that it works. the largest MicroSD card that i've seen is 32GB. i will be purchasing one next month, and i'll report back if it works correctly.

while the MicroSD slot 'hot pluggable' - i've always inserted/removed my MicroSD card when my 7022 was powered off. i do not believe that any problems would happen if you were to insert/remove the MicroSD card if the 7022 was powered on.
sorry for the bad grammer. If you remove the SD Card, then going into setting then storage in SD Card settings does it say unavailable.

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
sorry for the bad grammer. If you remove the SD Card, then going into setting then storage in SD Card settings does it say unavailable.

no worries on the grammar, it just made it tough to tell where the question was, version the description.

when i go to the settings / storage / sd card settings :
total space : unavailable
available space : unavailable

that is with the MicroSD card removed.

with my 7022 powered on, i inserted the MicroSD card. here are the changes:
total space : 14.91GB
available space : 332mb (fully of WRC only)

i hope this helps.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
no worries on the grammar, it just made it tough to tell where the question was, version the description.

when i go to the settings / storage / sd card settings :
total space : unavailable
available space : unavailable

that is with the MicroSD card removed.

with my 7022 powered on, i inserted the MicroSD card. here are the changes:
total space : 14.91GB
available space : 332mb (fully of WRC only)

i hope this helps.

Thanks so much, your info was really helpful

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
There is a power widget installed on the 7022 that helps with most of these problems. Put it on one of your screens the usual way. It has a power button, a sync button, and a display button. Turn the sync button in the middle off and it will not wake up and try to sync periodically.

Also, you sould go into settings and unmount the sd card before removing it while running.

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
so... i'm a little perplexed. even with my tablet in 'airplane mode' i check the battery usage area, and it shows:
cell standby = 81%

i just want to 100% remove any and all traces of the f'n cell standby. i would really appreciate any help in this matter...

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
i'm a bit curious if anyone else has run into this sort of problem.

yesterday i was watching a video, got a notice that the battery was down to 15%, i clicked 'ok' and watched the video for another 5 minutes, then tried to shut off my tablet. at that point my tablet basically froze. i was unable to power it off, and had to hit the reset button. after that, my tablet got stuck in an infinite bootup loop.

i solved it by resetting my tablet to the factory default installation. a bit annoying to say the least.

anyone ever experience this?