New to Android Tablet and now have a MID 7127

rlwark

Nov 15, 2011
Hello I have been reading the many things that I can so with my tablet from you guys and have done a few, have rooted my tablet and a few other changes, but I cant get the calendar and contacts to sync I have read the diffrent forums on this and have followed all the directions but no luck is there something I am missing or is it just because I have the 7127 and not the 7022.

Thanks
rlwark

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You need compatible (same version as your OS) versions of GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk and GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk. But it usually doesn't work if you have already installed GoogleServicesFramework and rebooted in a non rooted tablet. If your tablet isn't rooted, you will have to uninstall and start it from the beginning again. Even doings this it may fail, then you will need a Factory reset to start fresh. If your tablet is rooted, copy those 2 files to /system/app and reboot.

rlwark

Nov 15, 2011
I am rooted with super one click and have put them in the folder but still does not work when I go tosync in gmail it will no woerk says errors with sync

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You are using the wrong version for your Android OS. Search for compatible version, uninstall old files, reboot and install again.

rlwark

Nov 15, 2011
Ok so i am running android 2.3.3 so how do I know if its compatable. Where do i look i have googled but no luck on version

rlwark

Nov 15, 2011
Ok i have gone there before and have gotten one how do i know whitch one to use, and thanks for all your helpq with this.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
There are two links in that page with info about the files, you need the one for 2.3.3 (your OS version)

rlwark

Nov 15, 2011
Ok wii thanks for trying but i rest the tablet and started over and got the one for 2.3.3 and used it but still no dice it,just does not want to work.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
OK, I will try to clarify this... For example, if you want to sync Calendar, go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications, All tab. Look for:

- Calendar
- Calendar Storage

Click on both and check their versions. Is should be 2.3.3 as you have OS 2.3.3. Install GoogleServicesFramework, OneTimeInitializer, MediaUploader and GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter (and any other apps from package you want, minus FOTAKill and SetupWizard), reboot tablet, add your Google acc.

What happens?

rlwark

Nov 15, 2011
Ok I do not have the calendar.apk or the calendar storage.apk and am trying to find then version 2.3.3

rlwark

Nov 15, 2011
You are the man got the calendar to work now thanks very much now the contacts, what files do i need i have the contact.apk and the contact sync adapter but that is it is there a contacts provider.apk do you know where i can find it for 2.3.3 and thanks again