Newbie needs help downloading movies

Luckygoof

Nov 13, 2011
I have been reading the threads for days now at all I'm doing is getting more and more confused because of my limited computer knowledge. From what I understand I need to download a media player but don't know which 1 and I don't know whether I need to download a movie to my computer and then transfer to my tablet or download directly to the sd card in my tablet. Any suggestions on any of this to help me would be greatly appreciated. I'm going on vacation next week and would like to have a couple movies downloaded for the short plane ride. I have an android phone for quite a few months now so I'm familiar with navigating but I'm pretty lost on everything else.

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
OK....Chill out, it's not that hard. First, do you have an SD card for the Vizio? If you're going to watch downloaded movies, you'll need some storage space. Go for the 32 GB size. Next, you'll need a media player - go to the App Store and search for media player. Several have capabilities beyond the stock player Vizio loads. Third, you can download movies to your computer and then transfer them to your SD card in the External directory by using the USB cable and set it to SD Card. You can also probably d/l directly to the SD card, but I haven't done it yet.

You might also find a file explorer program in the Market which would allow you to browse to the contents of the SD card and then play the files you've put there. Good luck.

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
Some questions for you

Where is this movie currently?
Is it a DVD that you have?
Is it something you want to download from the net?
What computer do you have PC/Mac etc.?

The more details you provide, the better the help you are going to get.

Luckygoof

Nov 13, 2011
I do have a 32 gig s d card and I want to do a digital copy transfer that came with a dvd I bought. Any suggestions on a media player that you've used? My p c is running windows x p. I also have a digital copy that was downloaded from VUDU. I don't know if vizio even downloaded a media player on to this tablet.

Last edited:

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
I do have a 32 gig s d card and I want to do a digital copy transfer that came with a dvd I bought. Any suggestions on a media player that you've used?

For transferring files see the following link at the Vizio Support Q&A website.

Transfering Files to your VIZIO Tablet

The default "Gallery app" on the Vizio tablet can be used to play video. If not additional apps on the App market can be used. I have used Mobo player.

http://vizio.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/204/related/1

Luckygoof

Nov 13, 2011
I do have a 32 gig s d card and I want to do a digital copy transfer that came with a dvd I bought. Any suggestions on a media player that you've used? My p c is running windows x p. I also have a digital copy that was downloaded from VUDU. I don't know if vizio even downloaded a media player on to this tablet.

I'd like to thank you in advance for your input as this whole forum thing is very new to me and it seems to be pretty complicated itself.

Luckygoof

Nov 13, 2011
Oh well, I guess the VUDU one is out but I have digital copies of other d v d's and other d v d's that I could download that I haven't seen yet but thanks again and I hope you have a great day. :cool:

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
Make sure that the digital copy is in a format supported by Vizio. See the second link in my earlier post.

Luckygoof

Nov 13, 2011
I will. And thanks again for those links. And just for fun what is the (OP) next to my name on the left and what are the color coded bars 4?

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The (OP) indicates that you are the Original Poster in that thread, you started the thread. The bars indicate your forum activity up to this point. If you hover your mouse above each of the bars a balloon will appear explaining that particular bar. Under all that, there's also a little triangle you can click to report a post if you feel the poster has violated one of the rules of the forum. Clicking that will send a report to the moderators that includes the address of the post so that it can be investigated and action taken if necessary. At the right side of each post box, you'll also find a Thank, thumbs up symbol. If you feel a post has been helpful, you can thank the poster officially by clicking the thumbs up. Hope that helps!

Luckygoof

Nov 13, 2011
Thanks a lot to those of you that have helped me with my problem. After getting it onto the tablet (finally) it turns out that the digital copy of Transformers_DOTM_PC_Eng it is not compatible with android so now I have to figure out how to erase it unless anyone knows how to get it to play. I am looking forward to getting some kind of education of the usage of this tablet and computer speak in general by visiting this forum often.