No connection.retry in Market

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
I started having this today. Starting the latest market results in it saying no connection, retry. The device is online as evidenced with all other internet apps working fine. Was there an update I didn't know about??
Uninstalling, then re installing results in the same thing. VERY Unhappy:mad:

rickio

May 14, 2011
Juzt click retry. I see that alot, one click, its ok

Sent from my Full Android on S5PV210 using Android Tablet Forum

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
Not a working solution I'm afraid. I have hit the retry button up to 15 times with no effect. When wifi is off, I can see your solution working, but WIFI is already in full operation. The market app is just not seeing it.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Not a working solution I'm afraid. I have hit the retry button up to 15 times with no effect. When wifi is off, I can see your solution working, but WIFI is already in full operation. The market app is just not seeing it.
gibnh, did you find a resolution to your issue? After 4 or 5 retries it should start working. If not go back and follow these steps exactly and try again. If that doesn't work uninstall, delete the /data/dalvik-cache folder, restart, re-install the newest Market.

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
Been a tad busy, but no I had not been able to resolve. I uninstalled, then re-installed market, and lost a ton of apps I could see before. I will give your instructions a whirl and report back. Thanks CF!

OPPS, I should mention that I NEVER followed the directions in the thread, just installed the beta for the newest market. Since it worked, I just went with it.

UPDATE; Market is now seeing the net, BUT APPS and GAMES listing just sits and spins. BOOK's listing loads......Thank god for the Amazon Market, I can at least get some of the apps I use, but lack of a functioning market makes ANY Android device a fancy brick:mad:

Last edited:

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
I did some tinkering, and now have a connection in Market. HOWEVER, when I try to browse APPS and GAMES, the device just spins and spins. Books appears to work fine. I place the Vending.XML into the data/date/com.android.vending directory, but no joy. Really stumped here as I look at my $200 brick. I don't mind tinkering, but this is NOT how a CONSUMER Product should be.

koraldon

Aug 2, 2011
Hi
I have solved the issues using the directions posted here - i.e. clear cache and stop market, and than go to frameworks, stop it and clear data.
Restart - and everything works :)

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
Thanks for the input :)

Data cache was empty, after I force stopped market.

EXACTLY where is framework?? Still learning android here. There was no listing in Manage Applications.

becky9889

Aug 15, 2011
you seemed like the person with most knowledge about these terrible andriod tablets. v2.2 everytime i go to open my browser it says google error and i hit force close and try over and over again and it still doesnt work, my market works fine but is there any way to download new browser? i have cleared data and cache and cant uninstall, im about ready to throw this thing through the wall after only having it for 3 months, i have no idea how i will receive a response to this also so if emailing is possible please do so sorry about the lack of knowledge

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
Let's Try this Becky and see if it fixes your problem a bit.
One of the programs you got on you tablet is a android market called "Slideme".
Start that, and do a search for browser. Pick one of the choices, which will then be downloaded and installed to your device. You might do a little Google search first to learn about 3rd party markets so get a better idea of how to use them. Post back if you have questions.

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
DUH, i SHOULD have known that!! Thanks. Now Market is showing me ONE free app, and ONE free game. Still spinning on some of the others....sigh

Cache was empty on both BTW.

SciFiSi

Nov 19, 2011
Hi, I know I'm in the Sylvania Tablet forum, but I had this issue on my phone Sony Ericson Xperia, all of a sudden it gave me the "No connection Retry" message when trying to access the Android Market.
Now this may not fix the issue for everyone but I noticed that the time and date were set vastly wrong, I'd set my phone to acquire network time from O2 and for some reason I was 4am and back somewhere in the 1980's. I switched off network time and set the clock to the correct time and date and connection to Android Market was restored... Yay
Hope this helps someone
:)

s4duc

Dec 26, 2011
SciFiSI was correct! I didn't notice my time and date were back to 1985 ??I reset the date and time and it worked!! Not sure WTF happened to cause the date to go back but 1985 but it solved the problem. Just wished I found this answer 1 hour earlier so I didn't have to swear so much!!

Thanks