Nook Color CM7 v25 playing MarioKart 64 with Wiimote CC

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
You may have to search google for rom files. I don't think the Rom Gripper server is even up anymore. Be careful where you download roms though. You may want to scan a site before you visit it Norton Safe Web, from Symantec

Standard Disclaimer: Only download games that you have the original copy of.

andreid

Mar 15, 2011
You may have to search google for rom files. I don't think the Rom Gripper server is even up anymore. Be careful where you download roms though. You may want to scan a site before you visit it Norton Safe Web, from Symantec

Standard Disclaimer: Only download games that you have the original copy of.

thanks for the tip. i checked out the norton site and it looks worthwhile. no registration required for site scan unless you want to comment.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I don't really use safeweb that much because I have a mac. But I copy and paste urls into it when I am on my parents pc sometimes. It usually picks up malicious sites and gives a warning.

Sent from my fascinate

Sep 24, 2010
N00b question... I'm booting CM7 from the user SD card slot. How do I install N64oid-v113.apk?

Thx

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
First way is to download the apk from the browser on the Nook. This will save the apk locally. Then just move to the same location as the other apks and install.

Second way is to use Samaba or Drop Box and wirelessly move the apk from your PC to the correct location on your Nook and then install.

JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not sure by what you mean keeping the "ROMs". The ROM is basically the operating system. They can be run both internally or from a bootable SD card.

You can keep the ROM zip files on an SD card which you can insert and then use to flash a ROM to internal memory. Or you create a bootable SD card that flashes the ROM onto the SD card and makes the Nook think it is running the ROM from internal memory but it is really all on the SD card.

JP

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Apologies for not being clear. I mean the N64 rom files (game files).

Yes, of course too much general help regarding ROMs and I should have known that by the context of the thread. I actaully don't know if you need to keep the game ROMs internally or on the SD card for them to work. In reality if you are running CM7 from an SD card it is all on the SD card with a portion of the card partitioned to be a virtual "SD card" for the OS to use. So it will see an "internal memory" and "SD card" though both are on the real SD card.

JP

Sep 24, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to explain that. Now it makes sense. The CM7 is running from my SD card (n64droidis installed on my SD), not on the eMMC.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That is correct it installed on the SD card but under the portion designated as "eMMC" but I don't know if you can then move the ROMs to the virtual "SD card" and still have them work. That depends on where n64droidis is looking for them. Eitherway as far as it is concerned the eMMC and SD card it sees are both really contained on the actual SD you are booting from.

JP

andreid

Mar 15, 2011
Does anyone know if 2 player will work? I'm looking to play some hangtime with my longtime hangtime rival.