Nook Color stock update?

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I just read there's a update coming, 1.4. Can anyone verify this or know when it's available? I found it in the Nook Color Tablet info sheets on Digital Reader.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
As soon as I read it I went to B&N but didn't find anything with a quick scan.

--------------------------------
Sent from my NookColor CM7.1

Britt

Jan 11, 2011
NOOK Color owners should stay-tuned for a firmware update starting in December. Our largest software update yet will make NOOK Color better than ever with over 100 reading enhancements, the hottest music services, top comics & graphic novels, plus NOOK Color customers will be able to download Netflix to watch movies & TV shows and Hulu Plus™ will also be available for NOOK Color in the coming months. -Barnes & Noble 11/7/11 Re- NC 1.4 update

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Really, I'll be more happy if they update their app so it works like the built-in Nook reader or at least fixes some of the obvious issues it has.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Really, I'll be more happy if they update their app so it works like the built-in Nook reader or at least fixes some of the obvious issues it has.

I agree, it almost never will open the book on the first try, I always have to shut the app down and then restart it then select the book I'm reading. Why?

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I agree, it almost never will open the book on the first try, I always have to shut the app down and then restart it then select the book I'm reading. Why?

I have no idea. I've never had that problem with the app.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
App works here, but I can't stand to use it. If it worked like the actual reader app, I'd probably use as my main reading app (instead I'm always a proponent of Mantano Reader). As for firmware update...Hooray? I'll check it out, but I'm still gonna be running CM7.1 off SD.

CRS1

Aug 28, 2011
Sometimes I have to do a restore on my Nook app. Because it stops working. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum