Hi

I am using cm7
When I close apps, like Samba, they reappear after a while
This take a lot of battery life
The apps seems to take battery power, even if the nook is off

Ofer

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Some apps do that. Android will automatically kill them if memory runs too low. However, you can go into CM setting/applications/running apps and close them there is you want.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
First of all, r u sure that this app consumes the battery?U can check it from usage.
Secondly its not good idea to kill yourself the apps except if there is big reason. Android system knows how to handle running processes. Its normal to see in background apps that were supposed not to run.but this is Android.

Sent from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 129 @1.350Mhz

oferab

Apr 28, 2011
Thanks for the replaies
I do use application killer, but the apps keep opening
even after I kill them

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Thanks for the replaies
I do use application killer, but the apps keep opening
even after I kill them

That is a little odd. Are they regular apps or widgets? I found the offending ones that I have which do not close on their own after use are widgets. I suspect they are designed that way as they are expected to be running on your home screen, but i can still force close them. One that I could not permanently stop was Yahoo Messenger. I didn't like the way that app forced itself on me so I uninstalled it.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Guys this is the way Android works.u cannot force all apps to close.system runs them for a reason.

Sent from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 129 @1.350Mhz

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
I think that depends on the app RASTAVIPER. I can close almost all of mine, though there are a few I have not tried because I know I need them to run. Yahoo Messenger was, by design, not one of them so I dumped it.

Nice car BTW..... :)