NOOKcolor Owners thread

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Given they were released in November, I don't think you'll see refurbs until June or July. Your best option at this point is Craig'slist...I'm hearing that there are people who got them as XMAS gifts that are reselling.

-Matt

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
using Zeam

and to the other poster looking for a refurbished one - i got mine from Craigslist for $200 off a dude who got it for xmas but said he was not into reading - i was tempted to offer him $20 more just so he guaranteed to hold it for me, luckily he was just a very short drive away and was able to quickly seal the deal

@AnimaTechnica

Nice screen pic, using launcher pro?

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi all,

Been lurking for a couple of days and I must say there is lots of good information here and it seems to be a good community so I decided to sign up. Just got my SD card, so here I go with the rooting!

So far I have been impressed with the NC as an e-reader and can't wait to see how it is as a teblet. From everything posted I am sue it will be great.

-JP

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Hi JP, thanks for taking the plunge! Please don't hesitate if you run into anything unexpected. And if you learn something, please share. :)

-Matt

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am rooted! Thanks Matt. There were a couple of tiny things that had to be assumed in the process but maybe I'll contrubute on where I thought the NookDevs insturctions could use a little more color.

Maybe I missed it here but finding the SD slot and inserting it was not intuitive. I hadn't really looked for the slot until now and just thought there would be a tiny slot along the edge. Nope, you have to flip the little flap behind the Nook loop.

Now to get to the fun stuff!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I HATE that slot! I can live with the design of the corner, but getting the card out always seems to require turning and shaking the NC. :(

Have you tried to sideload apps yet? How about ADB? One thing I noticed is that I had trouble with su and superuser until I manually repeated the steps that I thought were included in autonooter (NookColor Installing su and the Superuser app - nookDevs). After that a whole bunch of things fell into place.

Congrats on joining the club, and keep us posted!

-Matt

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have not tried either yet but will soon. I guess I need to get soft keys set up correctly or button savior*, home manager and zeam on here next.

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
How often do you guys take your Sd card in and out? I'd say like me, not often. I don't mind how they designed the slot, I've seen much much worst.

Welcome J515OP to Androidtablets.net and the NOOK section. Post a pic or add NC to your sign to be added to the owners list.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
How often do you guys take your Sd card in and out? I'd say like me, not often. I don't mind how they designed the slot, I've seen much much worst.
Good point. The Droid is a nightmare compared to the NC. I just upgraded to a 16GB card, hence the recent shuffling back and forth. Plus I'm now getting complaints from my Win7 machine when I connect by USB...it wants to scan the card for errors. So I'll probably have to reformat soon to avoid trouble.

But ideally I wouldn't even know it was there!

-Matt

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Hmmm, couldn't get the insert image bit to work directly from my PC or NC. Oh well, never mind. Here is the screen shot from my, as yet, unrooted NC.

11-01-06-2.png

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
lol, not quite. It's the result of stalling and then restarting with excess fuel in the exhaust pipes. The flash lasted a split second and the photographer just happened to take the pic at the right time. As I crewed for the car for 8 years I had to have it
:D